What's new

Converted (Report)

Alright...I know this might turn out to be a "shot myself in the foot" kinda deal in the long run...but I'm so proud of my LOTH!!!!

After being the one that ordered my initial starter kit to get into traditional wetshaving, and hals regreted ever since due to serious AD on my behalf, she has just recently asked some interesting questions and made interesting remarks....

• How does that even work?
  • That seems cheaper than the cartridges, right?
  • Do ytou think theres a brush in a colour I might like??
That got my attention!!!

After some careful interogation... I found out that she used one of the razors, while noone was looking, on her arm to see how it works.... and was pleased to see, it doesn't end in a massacre...

She then asked if other women use DE razors to shave... and thanks to Casey from Maggard Razors that put out a great Youtube Video... shes now on board!!!! YAY:thumbup:

I ordered her an Edwin Jagger along side some Derby blades ( I know, thats like shaving with a butterknife but she was intimidated...and I told her thats a very mild combo to start with.... If she wants to upgrade, she's always welcome to try one of my blades.... calmed her down nicely) and a HJM black fibre synthetic in an Aqua/Turquoise handle colour.

Got her started with Proraso White (that one was her wish...:blink:), Haslinger Honey and TOBS Rose... and that has turned into her favorite!! Also got her Strawberry Bubbly from Stirling but she hasn't done but a few test lathers with it. Shes still getting her lather technique down and a cream is easier to work with...she digs the scent though.

This is a lot to be proud of right there... but heres the kicker!! She just asked what other scents are out there... she loves the Rose... but would like to mix it up a bit like I do.... SHE SAID SHE WOULD LIKE TO MIX IT UP!!!! :biggrin1::thumbup:

That sounds like the start of an AD!!!!

So proud of her!!!!

But it gets better!! She asked about different razors and razor/blade combos!!! OH YEAH!!!

Just for that, and to carefully feed this tender sprouting AD, I got her a 26mm Plissoft with a purple swirl handle (Maggard).... wonder how she will like it.

Anyway... just needed to get that one out there.... Sorry for boring you guys...

How does your spouse deal with the topic?? Any luck??? Please chime in!!

:w00t:

My wife shaves with a Lady Eversharp razor and enjoys it much more than a cartridge razor. To date, she still uses bar soap while in the tub, but she seems happy with that. She loves the scents of my soaps, but likes them on me, not her. I think you sound like a very lucky guy. Give my compliments to your lady.

My wife shaves with a Lady Eversharp razor and enjoys it much more than a cartridge razor. To date, she still uses bar soap while in the tub, but she seems happy with that. She loves the scents of my soaps, but likes them on me, not her. I think you sound like a very lucky guy. Give my compliments to your lady.

Will do... sounds like your all set there too. The thing is there are so many scents for us guys out there but only a limited selection for women (due to it being a very limited customer base...makes sense). Lets see what comes next... she says thank you with a big smile!!

She sounds like a keeper !

Oh she definitely is!! Regardless of the new shave habits... she puts up with me and my quirks!!!:laugh:

Well done. Kind of a stealth convert.

it took a while... but you know how it goes when you would force a great idea... ain't gonna happen!! Just because!! No reason!! She didn't come up with it...lol

:001_rolle:laugh:

( Hope she doesn't read this part....:tongue_sm)

Alright...I know this might turn out to be a "shot myself in the foot" kinda deal in the long run...but I'm so proud of my LOTH!!!!

After being the one that ordered my initial starter kit to get into traditional wetshaving, and hals regreted ever since due to serious AD on my behalf, she has just recently asked some interesting questions and made interesting remarks....

• How does that even work?
  • That seems cheaper than the cartridges, right?
  • Do ytou think theres a brush in a colour I might like??
That got my attention!!!

After some careful interogation... I found out that she used one of the razors, while noone was looking, on her arm to see how it works.... and was pleased to see, it doesn't end in a massacre...

She then asked if other women use DE razors to shave... and thanks to Casey from Maggard Razors that put out a great Youtube Video... shes now on board!!!! YAY:thumbup:

I ordered her an Edwin Jagger along side some Derby blades ( I know, thats like shaving with a butterknife but she was intimidated...and I told her thats a very mild combo to start with.... If she wants to upgrade, she's always welcome to try one of my blades.... calmed her down nicely) and a HJM black fibre synthetic in an Aqua/Turquoise handle colour.

Got her started with Proraso White (that one was her wish...:blink:), Haslinger Honey and TOBS Rose... and that has turned into her favorite!! Also got her Strawberry Bubbly from Stirling but she hasn't done but a few test lathers with it. Shes still getting her lather technique down and a cream is easier to work with...she digs the scent though.

This is a lot to be proud of right there... but heres the kicker!! She just asked what other scents are out there... she loves the Rose... but would like to mix it up a bit like I do.... SHE SAID SHE WOULD LIKE TO MIX IT UP!!!! :biggrin1::thumbup:

That sounds like the start of an AD!!!!

So proud of her!!!!

But it gets better!! She asked about different razors and razor/blade combos!!! OH YEAH!!!

Just for that, and to carefully feed this tender sprouting AD, I got her a 26mm Plissoft with a purple swirl handle (Maggard).... wonder how she will like it.

Anyway... just needed to get that one out there.... Sorry for boring you guys...

How does your spouse deal with the topic?? Any luck??? Please chime in!!

:w00t:
This link will do it
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/311517-The-League-Of-Leg-Shavers/page12

Last edited:
Top Bottom