What's new

Conversion Therapy for Arko Haters

Arko smells like Ivory Soap to me, love the smell and performance of the soap! It can dry my face a little in the winter but nothing a good AS can't remedy.

I'm pleased to report that the stick of Arko i bought in September 2014, is still open, still airing, still stinks, still not going to be used under any circumstance.
dave

I have Arko that’s more than a year plus old. Still stinks. Maybe not as strong as it once was but stinks all the same.

Still like to use it from time to time. So cheap and quality old school lather. But yes.... it stinks

I like Arko. It's one of my favourites. I find Arko likes more water than it seems like it needs. It builds lots of thick lather quickly that looks good, so folks stop adding water and shave away. If you keep adding water until the lather gets shiny and almost runny, it doesn't dry your skin (as much!). I find it can hold as much water as Williams, another of my favourites.

Arko is a soap many love to hate. I bet in the old days the smell was familiar. Back in the day I bet the shave stick was an interesting novelty.

The HUGE plus mentioned is it performs in any water situation. If you can read this in English my water is harder than yours, and it lathers like a champ. I get mostly ivory soap scent which is fine, the drying is too much to use daily but I do the Arko at least weekly.

Let it air out and age under the house: great for varmint and vermin control. It is a terrific soap to use, though.

I tried Arko and can't deal with the scent. It lathers well and performs good, but that’s only half of my requirement, scent and post shave treatment is severely lacking.

Arko has a wonderfull fragrance. It should be kept in airtight container to preserve it. If it's too strong and unpleasant for you, I question if you are even half the man you claim to be.

Oh I completely agree Arko is in a class of its own and has so many wonderful uses.

1. Mothball replacement.
2. Defunking of new boars/badgers brushes.
3. Gifts to people you dislike and have refine olfactory senses :18:.
4. Pet soap if you have a dog that loves getting dirty n stinky lol.

Basically Arko will chew up any malodourous smells and replace it with its own... Not sure which is preferable though.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Guys we are talking about a soap......a soap.
Remember that in the end, it's not solving world hunger. It's just shaving!

My post was also meant in good humor, with offense neither taken nor intended. :001_smile

Arko. . . Arko. . . It's a decent shampoo that keeps the flies out of my hair. :001_tongu

I didnt hate Arko as much as I thought I might, and the suggested process for airing it out worked for me years ago when I bought it. Arko to my nose smelled like very strong Ivory soap that someone had added some Pledge to.

My thing with Arko after buying it was, why? I already had cabinets filled with soaps I loved the scent on so buying Arko made no sense. Now if I choose to eventually use them all up and go small ball with one soap then it would make sense but just having Arko as part of the rotation wasn't appealing to me once I purchased it. Its a solid soap and would be great for a budget but currently, my use case is to have better performing, better smelling products. I am glad people are enjoying it though.

Yes, I too once used girly soaps like Pre de Province. But I've changed! I'm an Arko lover and a manly man now. Well, an Arko tolerater. But I'm okay. Arko is in my rotation. And Arko can be part of your rotation too.

Conversion is a two-step process.

Step 1: Unwrap the Arko and put it in a warm, well-ventilated place to air out. After one week, the reeking lemon scent will be greatly reduced. This is a good time to stop. After two weeks, the scent will be barely noticeable. Stop now. After three weeks, there's no scent left and you've gone too far. There's a reason for that reeking lemon scent. Without it, Arko smells like rancid fat. No worries. Hold your nose and move on to...

Step 2: Wrap it up and forget about it for a year. Let it age and mellow out. The lye and fat will combine over time, leaving you with a sweet, mild soap that smells of pure soap.

So, men, leave behind your life of hidden shame. Hold your head high. Tell the guys in your bowling club you're an Arko lover. Beat on your chest like a wild ape. See the respect in their eyes.

Very good summation. Arko is fabulous, and very manly. Ancient Roman warriors must have used a shaving soap similar to Arko

Top Bottom