What's new

Controversial Hatred, or the thing you hate that everyone looks at you funny for.

I've noticed a lot of women lately that have been adopting the top-knot bun style of hair-do. I think this is a horrible thing to do with one's hair. It looks really stupid, not flattering at all. I can't stand the look.

I want to go up these women and yell at them and say "Why are you making yourself look so ugly?" But I don't.

proxy.php

My wife has long hair. This is her daily "time for bed" hair-do. Occasionally, it's also her "Long drive, and don't want to sit on my hair" do. But she'd never leave the house like that... on purpose.

Golf. I just don't understand why people enjoy it. The only fun part is getting away with drinking a beer while you drive the cart. Oh, and playing in one of those best ball tournaments so you can shove your buddy out of the cart while he leans out to pick up your ball as you drive by it. The whole part with the clubs and little white balls is beyond me though.

I've noticed a lot of women lately that have been adopting the top-knot bun style of hair-do. I think this is a horrible thing to do with one's hair. It looks really stupid, not flattering at all. I can't stand the look.

I want to go up these women and yell at them and say "Why are you making yourself look so ugly?" But I don't.

proxy.php

An unattractive example might work better.

Everything Android
Google
Samsung
50 shades of Grey
Twilight
Whiners
wrestling
boxing
reality shows
"Political correctness"
Microsoft Windows 10 (ugh!)
reality tv
people who lack respect for others around them
the direction society is taking
death
hunting

Maybe, but that's some really nice cabling on the arm of that sweater.
Yeah, those Circus Freaks might have been odd-looking, but they were very well-paid for their work.

When the Federal Government tried to step in and protect them from being "exploited," they were very adamant about keeping things the way they were. They were almost unanimous in their sentiment of "Keep your nose out of how we make our living!"

Charles Stratton (General Tom Thumb) was quite a savvy investor, and he really understood the business side of show business. He amassed quite a nice fortune and lived an aristocratic lifestyle when he wasn't on tour. When P.T. Barnum got himself into financial trouble and nearly went bankrupt, it was Stratton that bailed him out and became a partner and co-owner of Barnum's circus.

Yeah, those Circus Freaks might have been odd-looking, but they were very well-paid for their work.

When the Federal Government tried to step in and protect them from being "exploited," they were very adamant about keeping things the way they were. They were almost unanimous in their sentiment of "Keep your nose out of how we make our living!"

Charles Stratton (General Tom Thumb) was quite a savvy investor, and he really understood the business side of show business. He amassed quite a nice fortune and lived an aristocratic lifestyle when he wasn't on tour. When P.T. Barnum got himself into financial trouble and nearly went bankrupt, it was Stratton that bailed him out and became a partner and co-owner of Barnum's circus.

Interesting! I never knew any of that!

Walmart. Until Saturday it'd been maybe 18 years since i passed the threshold of one of their stores.

Was getting my BBQ propane tanks filled at my local fuel depot and the teen assigned the job informed me one tank was past dated and he wouldn't be able to fill it. They of course sell tanks but he furtively informed me that if i went down the street to Walmart, they'd take my tank and give me a new tank for the price of the propane in it, tank and the fill would be $55 but i'd be rebated the cost of the tank, to good to be true... no!

Took his advice and did the deed so once more crossed the threshold into the black hole, only had to venture in as far as the customer service desk beside the McDonalds at the front of the store. What an utter dump of a store. This store might be 2 years old, chipped and peeling paint on the walls, garbage all over the filthy floors, buggies full of returned throwaways, it was appalling. Employees were as i remembered, shellshocked and frazzled, no joy there, you feel sorry for them. Having worked in retail for years the vibe was all wrong, this is not a good place to work, that hasn't changed in the time between visits.

The tank, it has a March 2015 manufacture stamp so 10 years 'til needing replacing or need to revisit Walmart, i should feel clean again by then.

Incidentally the Walmart propane fill was 20% higher then my usual vendor.
dave

Last edited:
Walmart. Until Saturday it'd been maybe 18 years since i passed the threshold of one of their stores.

Was getting my BBQ propane tanks filled at my local fuel depot and the teen assigened the job informed me one tank was past dated and he wouldn't be able to fill it. They of course sell tanks but he furtively informed me that if i went down the street to Walmart, they'd take my tank and give me a new tank for the price of the propane in it, tank and the fill would be $55 but i'd be rebated the cost of the tank, to good to be true... no!

Took his advice and did the deed so once more crossed the threshold into the black hole, only had to venture in as far as the customer service desk beside the McDonalds at the front of the store. What an utter dump of a store. This store might be 2 years old, chipped and peeling paint on the walls, garbage all over the filthy floors, buggies full of returned throwaways, it was appalling. Employees were as i remembered, shellshocked and frazzled, no joy there, you feel sorry for them. Having worked in retail for years the vibe was all wrong, this is not a good place to work, that hasn't changed in the time between visits.

The tank, it has a March 2015 manufacture stamp so 10 years 'til needing replacing or need to revisit Walmart, i should feel clean again by then.

Incidentally the Walmart propane fill was 20% higher then my usual vendor.
dave

I used to live even farther out in the sticks than I do now. Walmart was the closest retailer aside from mom-n-pop stores. Sometimes I would get really bored sitting at home and drive the half-hour or so to get there and walk around.

Just like you describe, there was plenty of filth all over the store. The shelves were disheveled and merchandise was scattered all over the place. It was hard to find a price-tag on the shelf that matched up to the merchandise it represented. The people that were shopping there were the dregs of society, and the employees were incompetent and disinterested.

I almost never found anything interesting there. They had a good price on Sourdough bread and sometimes I would pick up a loaf. And once I saw a Linux desktop computer that I was interested in for just $200, but the next time I went back it was gone.

After a half-hour drive to get there, it never took more than another 30 minutes in the store until I'd had enough and couldn't wait to get out of there.

And it was pretty much the same at every Walmart I've ever been to, no matter where it was located. I don't understand how a business that is run so badly could make the owners the richest family in America.

In the course of just two months, my favorite brand of Black Cherry Ice Cream underwent all these changes:

• They stopped putting actual Black Cherries in the package---OK, well from dozens per half gallon...down to one or perhaps two.
  • Then they stopped putting in any flavoring.
  • Yesterday, the package size went from 64 oz down to 48 oz.

So, for the same money, you get a smaller package of white, flavorless, stuff.

Look at the good side: it's cold and the picture on the box reminds you of what you used to get.
------------

And yes.... I did just get finished writing them a letter.... and it was a lot nastier than this post. That's why I'm in such a great mood.

In the course of just two months, my favorite brand of Black Cherry Ice Cream underwent all these changes:

• They stopped putting actual Black Cherries in the package---OK, well from dozens per half gallon...down to one or perhaps two.
  • Then they stopped putting in any flavoring.
  • Yesterday, the package size went from 64 oz down to 48 oz.

So, for the same money, you get a smaller package of white, flavorless, stuff.

Look at the good side: it's cold and the picture on the box reminds you of what you used to get.
------------

And yes.... I did just get finished writing them a letter.... and it was a lot nastier than this post. That's why I'm in such a great mood.

My favorite brand of potato chips, Grandma Utz's, has been experiencing that shrinking package syndrome over the last 20 years or so. The price remains the same, but the package has shrunk from 16oz to 14oz to 11oz to 8oz. The change occurs about every 5 years.

I keep buying them, no matter what the price, because there is simply nothing better in the potato chip universe. Nothing else even comes close.

proxy.php

I've noticed the same thing happening with other products. Toothpaste, candy bars, heat-n-eat meals, detergents and soaps. The manufacturers are counting on brand loyalty to retain their customer base. Either that, or they figure we are so ignorant that we won't notice the change.

proxy.php

I've noticed the same thing happening with other products. Toothpaste, candy bars, heat-n-eat meals, detergents and soaps. The manufacturers are counting on brand loyalty to retain their customer base. Either that, or they figure we are so ignorant that we won't notice the change.

The Utz delivery drivers and I are based out of the same terminal. I get 'expired' products gratis from the drivers and they are fantastic.

The Utz delivery drivers and I are based out of the same terminal. I get 'expired' products gratis from the drivers and they are fantastic.
Lucky you. I wish I could get mine for free, expired or not.

I'm currently paying $2.79 for an 8oz bag, but its gotten expensive enough that I no longer consider it a staple item. I only buy them when I'm feeling rich at the grocery store, and that's not often. But if I have budget left over after I get all my basic items, and can afford a few luxuries, Grandma Utz is one of the first things that makes it way into my basket.

When I'm in the mood to pig out, nothing beats a bowl of Grandma Utz and a nice cold Coca-Cola while zoning out on a movie.

Lucky you. I wish I could get mine for free, expired or not.

I'm currently paying $2.79 for an 8oz bag, but its gotten expensive enough that I no longer consider it a staple item. I only buy them when I'm feeling rich at the grocery store, and that's not often. But if I have budget left over after I get all my basic items, and can afford a few luxuries, Grandma Utz is one of the first things that makes it way into my basket.

When I'm in the mood to pig out, nothing beats a bowl of Grandma Utz and a nice cold Coca-Cola while zoning out on a movie.

Just threw some of these in the trunk yesterday...Yummy.

$484.jpg

Top Bottom