What's new

Continuing my SE search

Just today, my Colonial Stainless Steel General SE arrived. Never had a single edge, but many double edged.
Just wanted to see what the fuss was about before I kicked the bucket ( 77 and hiding in Swamp of Louisianna from Covid!!)
Put a Proline P20 in it and gingerly did a first pass.
WOW!! That was easy! Lots more blade, covers more face, easy Peary around nose and chin
So did a 2nd pass xtg with the weight of the stainless Steel providing the pressure
Amazing! I can see me using this razor a lot. Shoulda started sooner.
Expensive razor.....but after one shave, I know it's worth it.

Just to throw my $.02 worth in this discussion. Perhaps the most least talked about razor regardless of razor format yet, it's one of the easiest razors to use for a daily that provides close, comfortable shaves in SE razordom.

Gillette Twinjector Razor.....

IMG_2451.JPG

And if you really want to make it something special, pair it with these blades....

s-l1600.jpg

Tough to find but, relatively inexpensive and just a great combination with these two. Bonus is these Schick Injector II blades are extremely durable.

Win, win....

I am in the vintage section too. I really love my wedgeblade SEs. While I am german I prefer Henckels Rapide and Mulcuto razors. You can load a Rapide with a GEM style blade which will give you very close shaves, BBS guaranteed. You can get about 5 to 8 shaves from one blade. If you are lucky you can get a Rapide for about 30 to 40 EUR at ebay.

I tried the Oneblade and didn’t like it either. I’ve now gone with a Blackland Vector for my se. The Vector may be worth your consideration as well. It addresses many of the issues you had with the Oneblade.

B0DC1F7A-AC87-4039-87F4-37660017584F.jpeg

Just to throw my $.02 worth in this discussion. Perhaps the most least talked about razor regardless of razor format yet, it's one of the easiest razors to use for a daily that provides close, comfortable shaves in SE razordom.

Gillette Twinjector Razor.....

View attachment 1081659

And if you really want to make it something special, pair it with these blades....

View attachment 1081657

Tough to find but, relatively inexpensive and just a great combination with these two. Bonus is these Schick Injector II blades are extremely durable.

Win, win....
Hmm. Gillette Twinjector. I'll look for one. Never heard of them before.

Top Bottom