What's new

Contest -

IMG_0394.jpeg

Behold, we have a new aftershave but no label - yet. We have already named it but can you guess the new name? Here are some general clues. The fragrance is based on the classic barbershop scent of the now discontinued Floid Blue. But it has been amped up with just the right amount of menthol for a great cooling effect that over twenty volunteers agreed was just right. The name has to do with weather... key in on the cooling effect of the aftershave to guess the right name. Each person gets one guess per day until it is revealed. If needed there will be more clues.

So what can you win? Big surprise but the winner receives one free bottle of this soon-to-be-unveiled aftershave. This is CONUS only please. In the event that the correct name is guessed by more than one person then each will receive a free bottle up to a maximum of three people.

Good luck to each of you!

~ The Captain

Captain’s Choice Ocean Mist.

I wave my rights to the winnings if I’m correct. Allow another member to enjoy it please!

Ocean Night Breeze.

Ocean breezes are generally cooler than the daytime breeze. (Research done). Add a lot of menthol and you can do a Ocean Day Breeze. See, I'm thinking of future business!!!!

Let me introduce a clue a day until someone guesses it. Remember, the first clue mentioned above:

The name has to do with weather... key in on the cooling effect

The clue for today: Begins with the letter "N."

(If I use the clue I am thinking of for tomorrow it will give it away - will have to come up with a more circumspect one.)

Remember, you can guess once each day so have at it and good luck!

NOR'EASTER !?! I love it :001_tt1:

A cyclonic storm occurring off the east coast of North America. These winter weather events are notorious for producing heavy snow, rain, and tremendous waves that crash onto Atlantic beaches, often causing beach erosion and structural damage. Wind gusts associated with these storms can exceed hurricane force in intensity. A nor'easter gets its name from the continuously strong northeasterly winds blowing in from the ocean ahead of the storm and over the coastal areas. - Weather Glossary | Commonly Used Weather Terms & Definitions

NOR'EASTER !?! I love it :001_tt1:

A cyclonic storm occurring off the east coast of North America. These winter weather events are notorious for producing heavy snow, rain, and tremendous waves that crash onto Atlantic beaches, often causing beach erosion and structural damage. Wind gusts associated with these storms can exceed hurricane force in intensity. A nor'easter gets its name from the continuously strong northeasterly winds blowing in from the ocean ahead of the storm and over the coastal areas. - Weather Glossary | Commonly Used Weather Terms & Definitions

I think this is right—my guess too: Nor’easter

winner.png

NOR'EASTER it is!

Now tell me, does that name fit with the Captain's Choice vibe or what! Seriously, we think it is perfect. What do you think?

Congrats to the both of you - Earcutter and CJB3 - for selecting the winning name of our new aftershave. Just PM me your address or email it to: [email protected]

We literally do not have the labels yet but expect to have them in stock in a week or ten days.

The clue, you ask? The next upcoming clue that would have given it away? It was this: "The name has an annual holiday within the name.

Last edited:
Top Bottom