What's new

Contest - this is no April Fools!

At the following link is one of the best April Fools pranks I've seen in a long time....

Nowadays, I didn’t like April Fools as in the old good days. Sound more like prophecies than pranks :sob:

The deal is that I would write a letter that the principal would then transfer onto his letterhead. Then it would be mailed to her home from the high school - it would come from his office. The essence of the letter would be that during a routine audit of the academic standards it was revealed that some of the teachers that this student has had were not certified to teach. There were two in her grade school and two in her middle school. Because of that and to maintain the well deserved reputation that the school system is known for it would be necessary for her to repeat those four years of school.

This prank brings me some memories :rolleyes:

When I was 13 years old my dream was to get a spot in a technical school. There was a entrance exam and very few spots in those schools in my country. I paid a preparatory school to have a better chance in the entrance exam.

Everyday I woke up at 4AM. Took a 1 hour bus plus 45 minutes in a subway to get classes in a paid preparatory school in downtown. More 1.45 hours commuting back, have to eat my lunch as fast as I could, made my homework and get to my regular school and have the regular classes until 7PM. I passed all the weekends studying.

Sometimes, I arrived late in my physical education. And when I arrived in time I was so tired.

After 6 months in this exhausting routine I passed the exam. The new school are so nice, they have computers, a laboratory, a fancy gym, etc. At same time I found I failed in Physical Education. My dream is broken because my performance in a class which a fat teacher give a ball to children kick. Bureaucrat sucks 😡

Until today I don’t know how my Aunt solved this problem 😂. She went to talk to the principal and next day I miraculously was approved in PE. Maybe some street justice, who knows 😝I applied in the new school and never get back.

Lessons I learned: never hold a grudge and never trust in a fat PE teacher. 😉

Many years ago, when I was still working, my office was right next to the sales department. One year, April 1 fell on a Friday and the entire sales department decided to go for a long, liquid lunch.

While they were out, the head of the Optics department, a friend of mine, came down to ask one of the salesmen a question. Seeing all the empty desks, he came into my office and asked me if I knew what was going on. I replied that the CEO had decided to outsource all sale work and laid them off. Hadn't he heard? :devil:

As he went back to his department, a refinement occurred to me, and I called the machine shop which was close to the Optics department to bring these guys in on the joke. As I'm talking to the foreman there, he makes a seemingly unrelated comment "I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect it so soon". My victim had just come in there to pump him for info.

When the salespeople returned, I let them in on the joke and one of the saleswomen went up to Optics on a "Farewell Tour" to say goodbye to him.

Our poker faces finally cracked and we let him know he'd been pranked. For some reason, he's never trusted me since.

And-the-winners-are-graphic.jpg

Time is UP!

Random.org has selected our three winners. Thank you to all that entered. Please join me in congratulating:

1. @GeronimoWSB
2. @Sam Hanwich
3. @jaro 101969

If you are a winner you have a $50.00 credit to spend in the Captain's Choice store right here.

After you have selected what you would like go ahead and email The Captain at: [email protected]. Please let me know about two things:

1. Your shipping address
2. What you have picked out as a free gift.

Thank you!

This is even shaving related (kind of)....In midschool we had a music teacher that was an extremely mean spirited fellow it was like 1999 ish maybe 2000 he had a habit of kind of picking a friend of mine trying to embarrass or shame him. anyhow if you get a cooler of dry ice you can freeze cans shaving cream cut the cans open and put the blocks in a car to expand and fill the cab(in theory) so we did this to the music teachers car.... in reality the expansion was meh kinda filled the floorboards with goop maybe up to seat level , would have been better off just spraying the stuff.... we also coverd the thing in bologna for that sweet sweet polka-dot paint job, that was a total win, great results for like a buck...

Guy was livid the rest of the school year think they suspected us but no one could prove anything, winning all around.

View attachment 1631578

Time is UP!

Random.org has selected our three winners. Thank you to all that entered. Please join me in congratulating:

1. @GeronimoWSB
2. @Sam Hanwich
3. @jaro 101969

If you are a winner you have a $50.00 credit to spend in the Captain's Choice store right here.

After you have selected what you would like go ahead and email The Captain at: [email protected]. Please let me know about two things:

1. Your shipping address
2. What you have picked out as a free gift.

Thank you!
Thank you very much, will do!.

Great prizes and some great stories. One reminded me of a pal who owned a service station (the old fashioned kind where they pumped gas and changed oil). Every new hire would be given a styrofoam cup and told that it was time to test the gasoline and to bring back a sample for the test.

One prank a friend and I pulled on a co-worker (not April 1 related): we worked with this guy who always made sure he was the first in and last to leave, regardless of the amount of work accomplished. I spent the night in town so my buddy and I could be sure to be at work by six am. The look on his face when he walked in was priceless, shocked disbelief is how I'd describe it. We made sure to be talking shop when he was near so it sounded like we were accomplishing great things. That evening as 5:30 came and went, he began pacing. The big boss had already left, which was the signal for everyone to clear out, but my pal and I stayed, continuing to talk about business. Finally our co-worker exploded and said he had to go pick up his child from daycare and left. It was a time consuming prank, but well worth the reaction.

Another prank I pulled is I had a co-worker who was the PA voice for the Big 10 university athletics in the town where we worked. His computer always had the theme for the university so, whenever he left his desk for lunch or break, I would go over and change it to a competing university and just keep my mouth shut.

Top Bottom