What's new

Contest number 3.1416 - Saint Charles Shave Savory Rose Raffle

This is useless to the contest, but I wanted to tell this rose's story. About nine years ago, my wife and I bought our first house. When we did, this pink rose plant was nearly dead partially because the house had been empty for a year or two. We don't really have a green thumb at all, but we saved this rose. It was beautiful.

After four or five years, this house caught fire. Sadly, the house was a total loss. We went through so much, both financially and emotionally throughout the next year. However, while digging through the rubble, I found this rose underneath a piece of roof. I uncovered it and took this picture. Every day we went back there, we saw this rose. It was encouraging, somehow.

It took a year, but the insurance company finally got everything taken care of and we bought the house we currently live in. When we moved, one of the first things we did was plant this next to our front door where it is still growing and producing beautiful flowers. We don't know anything about growing roses, yet it survives. We somehow see it as a symbol of our marriage, in a weird sort of way. We went through so much together. It never seems to end. One disaster after another. We don't know what we are doing but do the best we can. And, like this rose, we keep growing more and more beautiful.

Sorry to get all mushy but I when I saw the objective of posting a rose, I knew I wanted this picture and had to tell its incredible story. Now, if you will excuse me, I think I have something in my eye. :crying: :lol:

Thanks for sharing your story. It's a great reminder that there is always hope even in the midst of the worst situations.

proxy.php

lol here is one Sue may remember - Axl Rose @ Riverport in 1992?. I was a bit young, but its funny to watch 'wacky axl' go crazy over someone taking a picture.

proxy.php

GO BLUES!
*entering at random*

This thread was really to flush out all the Deadheads on B&B. Yer all busted! :lol:

Contest closing tonight at midnight EST.......

Top Bottom