What's new

Contest - New Years Resolutions

I am in. I am at the same old resolutions of trying to lose weight, eat better and get more exercise. I did not succeed this year but I need to get into better shape. Round is not a good shape for a person!

Thanks for the great contest.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am in. I am at the same old resolutions of trying to lose weight, eat better and get more exercise. I did not succeed this year but I need to get into better shape. Round is not a good shape for a person!

Thanks for the great contest.
Amen brother.

I'm in!

Thanks Captain!

My 2019 resolution was to read The Bible, cover to cover... In 40 years of life, this was The first resolution I've actually finished!!! And early too! My late October hunting trip have me enough free time to finish! And I shot my first elk to boot! It was a great trip!!

Last year, my resolution was to focus on spiritual health, this year it's to read The Bible again, but to focus on mental health. My resolution is to get my house in order. Both figuratively and literally.

Success means:
1. Clutter is demolished, every room and garage is clean and organized, etc.
2. My 1000 un finished projects are either finished our officially abandoned.
3. My finances get under control. I actually have very little debt, and we live within our means (bearly), we just don't really have control, and or retirement is sorely lacking.

This is ambitions, I know, but this year has taught me, slow and steady wins the race!!!

Sent from my Atom using Tapatalk

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I'm in! Thanks for the opportunity.

I don't often do what one would call a true resolution each year. I just try to be better then I was the year before. I suppose if I had to make one I'd try to be more aware of my blessings. I guess to just be more outwardly thankful to those around me. I am blessed with a wonderful job, amazing family and fantastic friends. I need to be more mindful of how fortunate I am on a daily basis and thank those around me who have contributed to my own success in life.

My resolution is simple yet life impacting: Read through the Bible using this 2020 reading plan.
My 2019 resolution was to read The Bible, cover to cover... this year it's to read The Bible again
I've been doing this every year since 2012, varying the translation and the reading method every year. The YouVersion Bible App is the single best tool I've found for this. Lots of options, sets the pace for you, and reminds you daily. I highly recommend The Bible Project plan which has awesome supplemental videos mixed in. Just thought I would throw that out there since it seems to be a popular resolution.

Life is best when I keep it simple.
Do the next right thing.
Multitask one thing at a time.
Take the action and trust God for the results.

Definitely to organize the house. Disarray may be the mark of genius, but it drives me nuts sometimes.

That and to reach out to old friends more.

Last year was a success, move into a purchased house lol.

I'm in, thanks for sponsoring this contest.

My resolutions are:
  • Be more charitable this year, get involved in some meaningful volunteer activity
  • Devote time for health, including more regular exercise and better meal preparation
  • Re-organize finances, in preparation for retirement

I'm in! Thanks Captain!!

My resolution is simple yet life impacting: Read through the Bible using this 2020 reading plan.

I say life impacting because it is The Word of the LORD!!

Thanks again Scott!

Not in, but commenting:

These are a great way to stay focused and make sure you get through it in a year. I have used a couple different ones. Just don't deny yourself the blessing of randomly flipping and skipping through to see what pops out at you from time to time! :)

My resolution is to not get aggravated at the others in "my" gym whose resolution happens to be going to the gym LOL Good luck to all!

No more vegetable oil.

I used to get fried port take out from the Filipino restaurant (on special occasions). Lechon Kewali, Crispy Pata (deep fried pork belly and deep fried pork leg). Great low carb / keto food with plenty of fat - but I knew I was taking a hit with the cheap vegetable oils they use at any restaurant (canola oil, soy oil, etc., etc., etc.). Knew it was a bad, unhealthy fat.

Have been reading Dr. Catherine Shanahan's 2008 (revised 2016) book Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food - and eating out has to stop. These vegetable oils have spread to almost all processed foods and restaurant foods, let alone take out / fast food. Heart disease, auto immune disease, dementia and Alzheimer's, ALS, etc., etc., etc.

Vegetable oil is worse than sugar and processed grains.

I'm in & thanks for the great contest. This year I plan on getting may post counts up on this forum. I seem to be always reading & improving from the numerous posts here; time to give back!

Im in. My resolution for this coming year is to quit ecigs and snus. Also, to get back in shape. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week then over the last two years had medical issue after medical issue and 6 surgeries all on my stomach so I lost pretty much everything I had.

winners.jpg

The moment has arrived. Random.org has selected as our winners two members that will each be able to purchase $50.00 from the store at Captain's Choice.

Winners are:

1. srmousse
2. suhrim21

Congrats to the winners and thanks to each of you for entering. Here is wishing you each a prosperous New Year!

~ The Captain

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm in! Thanks for the opportunity.

I don't often do what one would call a true resolution each year. I just try to be better then I was the year before. I suppose if I had to make one I'd try to be more aware of my blessings. I guess to just be more outwardly thankful to those around me. I am blessed with a wonderful job, amazing family and fantastic friends. I need to be more mindful of how fortunate I am on a daily basis and thank those around me who have contributed to my own success in life.
Amen

Top Bottom