What's new

Contest - "How cold was it?"

Congrats to the winners and dangit missed another contest.

I'll chime in anyway even though I am late to the party. Wednesday morning on the way to work in NW MN I had -40F on the truck(and house) thermometer. Driving home I had -25F. Back in the mid to late 90's we had a couple weeks of a cold snap and lows between -45F to -50F and highs barely hitting -30F some days. Don't recall if we ever got any colder.

Yesterday was Groundhog Day. I understand that Staten Island Chuck in New York, Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania, and Woodstock Willie in Illinois all failed to see their shadow predicting an early spring. However, it is also my understanding that, overall, these rodent prognosticators are only accurate 39% of the time. So do not count on warm weather anytime soon unless you are one of our fine members living in the southern hemisphere or live in the southernmost parts of the northern hemisphere.

Turns out that my wife encouraged me to treat myself rather than her! What a sweetheart.

As I was shopping on the Captain's Choice site, I noticed the link to the company's cause -- the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans.

I thought the least I could do was to make a donation, in recognition of what Scott does for B&B.

Turns out that my wife encouraged me to treat myself rather than her! What a sweetheart.

As I was shopping on the Captain's Choice site, I noticed the link to the company's cause -- the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans.

I thought the least I could do was to make a donation, in recognition of what Scott does for B&B.
:thumbup1:

Yesterday was Groundhog Day. I understand that Staten Island Chuck in New York, Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania, and Woodstock Willie in Illinois all failed to see their shadow predicting an early spring. However, it is also my understanding that, overall, these rodent prognosticators are only accurate 39% of the time. So do not count on warm weather anytime soon unless you are one of our fine members living in the southern hemisphere or live in the southernmost parts of the northern hemisphere.
don't forget Peoria's Gertie the Groundhog.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Got the goods! The 45th Parallel smells so good It makes me want to eat it! Even the samples smell wonderful. Going to use it for tomorrows shave.

Thanks, Scott!

21023CD8-C831-4D7E-8DB4-C16FF480F766.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Where's your snow, @Toothpick ? :a36:
Snow? Hahaha! Going to be 72F tomorrow. But drop down to 29F overnight and 40F Friday. About a week ago they were calling for 1-5 inches of snow. Everything shut down in anticipation. Woke up to not a darn thing, not even a dusting. I miss it!!

Got my goodies as well. I had no Captain’s Choice soaps/creams until now, but as luck would have it, I do own one of their ceramic lather bowls. I offered to pass but Scott nicely said to just call it a gift card instead.

7F410041-3A92-4745-AA6D-1AECF099ADF9.jpeg

Much appreciate the bonus samples. The lime was on my to try list!

Yesterday my prize arrived. Venture splash is a delight, and I got a travel atomizer for it too.

The Captain's practice of including samples deserves another bonus salute. I tried 45th Parallel cream for the first time, and wow! That cherry scent and such nice larger too.

Top Bottom