What's new

Contest for the C-C-C-Coldest!

My coldest time surprisingly had nothing to do with the weather. Years ago in my younger days, I was participating in the Red Cross plasmapheresis program and on my first donation, the heater in the centrifuge broke. If you are not familiar with the program, they take a pint of blood from you, keep the site open with saline solution while the spin the blood down to separate the products that they want. They are left with a product that they then give back to you and then repeat the process a second time. the blood is normally kept about body temperature during the centrifuge operation but on my first donation day, the heater was not working. When they gave me back the first pint, it was like nothing else I have ever felt before! It was FREEZING! You could literally feel the cold blood coming back into your arm & them traveling throughout the body. I'm sure it wasn't that cold, but I know that we were all under blankets to try & keep warm during the process. Our body core temperature was low & it was quite a while to recover from it. Thankfully, it wasn't enough to deter me from future donations (1 visit every 10 days). It is such a worthwhile program that I could never refuse them whenever they called. I do remember that first one though!

My coldest time surprisingly had nothing to do with the weather. Years ago in my younger days, I was participating in the Red Cross plasmapheresis program and on my first donation, the heater in the centrifuge broke. If you are not familiar with the program, they take a pint of blood from you, keep the site open with saline solution while the spin the blood down to separate the products that they want. They are left with a product that they then give back to you and then repeat the process a second time. the blood is normally kept about body temperature during the centrifuge operation but on my first donation day, the heater was not working. When they gave me back the first pint, it was like nothing else I have ever felt before! It was FREEZING! You could literally feel the cold blood coming back into your arm & them traveling throughout the body. I'm sure it wasn't that cold, but I know that we were all under blankets to try & keep warm during the process. Our body core temperature was low & it was quite a while to recover from it. Thankfully, it wasn't enough to deter me from future donations (1 visit every 10 days). It is such a worthwhile program that I could never refuse them whenever they called. I do remember that first one though!
so, your blood ran cold, literally.

Thanks very much, Scott! Again, I appreciate you. For those curious, I went with the mug (I am a new-ish coffee drinker) and the unscented soap! Congrats to the other winners!!!!!
Thanks to Scott as well for such a generous gift. For those that are curious I went with Nor'easter Soap and aftershave, Lime soap and aftershave and finally the aftershave atomizer. Yes I went over the $50 but there were so many great selections at his store I had decision making difficulties. Not to mention since he was kind .enough to give away the products I thought it only fair if he could recoup some of his losses.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I received my bounty today! I got a very nice surprise. I had some credit left over and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Well, the Captain didn't leave me stranded! He included an awesome coaster to go with my mug and a few balm samples for me to try!
20210128_192915.jpg

I've gotta talk about the mug first. The pictures do no do it justice. It has a very nice dark blue textured paint with speckles of lighter color. It also has a metallic vibe like you would see on abalone! The ocean vibe is definitely in full effect! The mug is very comfortable in my hands. I'm tall and have hands that reflect as such. The mug is deep and it helps to prevent spilage. Lastly I really like the lip. It curves outward and let's the coffee flow freely. It really gives a smooth drinking experience.
Scott had written me a note saying my coffee would taste better now. I thought he was just kidding!
20210128_171228.jpg

The coaster is a very nice slate with the CC logo. It is very a classy touch to the line. I've never used a slate coaster before, but I really like it. I see more of these in my future.

Oh, and the soap. Don't get me started on the soap. It smells like NOTHING! WHICH IS HOW I ROLL! This is the first unscented I've tried that actually IS unscented. Performance is still fantastic as always. Glad I could get back to using CC soap after my bouts with acute dermatitis.

A big thanks to Scott and his continued generosity!

P.S. Can you tell I'm excited???🤣

I received my bounty today! I got a very nice surprise. I had some credit left over and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Well, the Captain didn't leave me stranded! He included an awesome coaster to go with my mug and a few balm samples for me to try!

I've gotta talk about the mug first. The pictures do no do it justice. It has a very nice dark blue textured paint with speckles of lighter color. It also has a metallic vibe like you would see on abalone! The ocean vibe is definitely in full effect! The mug is very comfortable in my hands. I'm tall and have hands that reflect as such. The mug is deep and it helps to prevent spilage. Lastly I really like the lip. It curves outward and let's the coffee flow freely. It really gives a smooth drinking experience.
Scott had written me a note saying my coffee would taste better now. I thought he was just kidding!

The coaster is a very nice slate with the CC logo. It is very a classy touch to the line. I've never used a slate coaster before, but I really like it. I see more of these in my future.

Oh, and the soap. Don't get me started on the soap. It smells like NOTHING! WHICH IS HOW I ROLL! This is the first unscented I've tried that actually IS unscented. Performance is still fantastic as always. Glad I could get back to using CC soap after my bouts with acute dermatitis.

A big thanks to Scott and his continued generosity!

P.S. Can you tell I'm excited???🤣

Nice haul! All his ceramic work is great. I bought a mug from one of the first initial batches and it was one of my favorites until it met its untimely demise during my cross country move last summer. I always joke when I inevitably break my lather bowl I'll have to replace it with a copper one, so where's the copper mugs at captain?

I am getting quite aggravated with the US Post Office. They have had my shipment since January 26 and tracking still shows In Transit. In 11 days I could have walked from Wheaton Illinois to Sioux Falls South Dakota.

I am getting quite aggravated with the US Post Office. They have had my shipment since January 26 and tracking still shows In Transit. In 11 days I could have walked from Wheaton Illinois to Sioux Falls South Dakota.

Same thing happened to me with an order from Duluth trading last month. It arrived in my town, got rerouted back to Richmond, then floated around there for well over a week with no update, and then came back to my town. From there it usually takes no more than a day to get to me, but it floated around my town for another 4 days before arriving.

Same thing happened to me with an order from Duluth trading last month. It arrived in my town, got rerouted back to Richmond, then floated around there for well over a week with no update, and then came back to my town. From there it usually takes no more than a day to get to me, but it floated around my town for another 4 days before arriving.
It's probably something similar. I just received another package from Scott that also included soaps and aftershaves (product contains alcohol) that was sent a week later and it showed up today. Package delivery is such a crap shoot anymore.

My loot from the contest arrived yesterday! I used the Nor'Easter soap and aftershave as well as the atomizer for the aftershave this morning and I really like it! I have never used a menthol soap or aftershave and I could really feel the coolness. Great products! Sorry for the poor photo. I just realized that you can see my Captain's razor caddy in the photo. Another great product from the Captain.

Capt Loot.jpg

Top Bottom