What's new

Contest for some soap

I am culling out items where the scent was not for me or was too close to what I already owned, the lather did not work with my lathering style or water (but other people have been fine with), or just found my self not using. This will include CBL, Oleo, KShaveWorx, and others. First in the continental US to write the correct answer below.

I get ticked off when I see something labled yak cheese. Why?

I am culling out items where the scent was not for me or was too close to what I already owned, the lather did not work with my lathering style or water (but other people have been fine with), or just found my self not using. This will include CBL, Oleo, KShaveWorx, and others. First in the continental US to write the correct answer below.

I get ticked off when I see something labled yak cheese. Why?
The "yak" is always a male. More specifically:
The English word "yak" is a loan originating from Tibetan: གཡག་, Wylie: g.yag. In Tibetan and Balti it refers only to the male of the species, the female being called Tibetan: འབྲི་, Wylie: 'bri, or g.nag Tibetan: གནག in Tibetan and Tibetan: ཧཡག་མོ་, Wylie: hYag-moin Balti. In English, as in most other languages that have borrowed the word, "yak" is usually used for both sexes, with "bull" or "cow" referring to each sex separately.

Last edited:
I believe it is because "yak cheese" is cheese that has been eaten by someone who then consequently suffers from a bout of emesis. Not an appropriate ingredient.

I'll play, I'm always open to trying some different soaps. I think you get ticked off when you see something labeled yak cheese because when you were a child growing up in the Himilayans, your family had a pet yak named, in Nepalese, Cheese. Cheese died in the famous 1994 Nepal tragedy, the great cheese slide when the government-owned cheese factory in Nepal collapsed, sending tons of curds down the mountainside into your village. You were the only survivor of the great cheese slide. Now when you see yak cheese you're reminded of the painful loss of your family & your pet, Cheese.

I'll play, I'm always open to trying some different soaps. I think you get ticked off when you see something labeled yak cheese because when you were a child growing up in the Himilayans, your family had a pet yak named, in Nepalese, Cheese. Cheese died in the famous 1994 Nepal tragedy, the great cheese slide when the government-owned cheese factory in Nepal collapsed, sending tons of curds down the mountainside into your village. You were the only survivor of the great cheese slide. Now when you see yak cheese you're reminded of the painful loss of your family & your pet, Cheese.
Winner!

The "yak" is always a male. More specifically:
The English word "yak" is a loan originating from Tibetan: གཡག་, Wylie: g.yag. In Tibetan and Balti it refers only to the male of the species, the female being called Tibetan: འབྲི་, Wylie: 'bri, or g.nag Tibetan: གནག in Tibetan and Tibetan: ཧཡག་མོ་, Wylie: hYag-moin Balti. In English, as in most other languages that have borrowed the word, "yak" is usually used for both sexes, with "bull" or "cow" referring to each sex separately.

Rrose is correct!!! Please PM me your address.

Top Bottom