What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Contest - $50.00 gift card to the winner!

first job was washing dishes and busing tables in the 80s as a young teen at Knoebles amusement resort. I remember it was $1.65 an hour. my bosses were husband and wife who were very nice bosses. my whole family worked at this park at one time or another. the park is still going strong today and been around for about a 100 years. if ever in PA check it out.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
first job was washing dishes and busing tables in the 80s as a young teen at Knoebles amusement resort. I remember it was $1.65 an hour. my bosses were husband and wife who were very nice bosses. my whole family worked at this park at one time or another. the park is still going strong today and been around for about a 100 years. if ever in PA check it out.
I made that much my first job that wasn't mowing lawns, etc.

LOL! Thought I was rich doggone!

My first job was at a software firm at the age of 24.
As a tester or anything I could work on.
I learnt about people backstab each other
-the rat race wherein all fall in to say yes and jump on each other to reach at the top.

-all want help on their plate but no one's to pay back when its their time

Within a span of 1yr i almost had 3-4 managers unofficially.
For 1 entire month i learnt whats it like to sit on bench and learn something else.

Official manager was wonderful unofficial were all crap with over expectations to work on everything within just a few months.

Then came the sacrifice of personal time although i went there early we were never supposed to go out early. It gave a wrong impression.

Was at a client location for a month

After a year based on performance appraisal got 5/5 and was transferred to another location where health took on toll with shivering cold and fog the entire day.

Then i got my golden ticket to resign or continue.
I just hanged my id card selected quit and that day was the best day of my life.
Now I'm self employed

Top Bottom