What's new

Contemplating.....

So this is evidently a very thin razor indeed. It should offer a lot of concavity. How it will shave, who knows.

Actually, does anybody know? Anybody tried one?

Sure looks nice. I like the barber end, the shoulderless heel

Rasoir Sabre France Legend Köroğlu 6K111-AMFESTSEBN 6/8" Carbon Steel Straight Razor {French Forged, Snakewood Scales} | The Superior Shave

rasoir.jpg

is this the same guy who re-registered le grelot a couple of years ago or something like that?

if its from TSS its legit. They dont mess around

I think it looks great, though not exactly inexpensive. I recently checked another site for some of Thiers Issard razors, and few that I quite liked are in this price range (similar look). I would just e-mail Jarrod from Supperior Shave, I found his customer service excellent and he's refreshingly honest about razors he carries and his opinion on how they differ from each other, it could help you make up your mind I guess.

I know it's not "apples to apples", but I have Ertan Suer Le Grelot that's excellent shaver and (to me) also looks great, though I wish fit and finish on scales and pinning were a bit "better", I like it quite a bit.

IMG_20181130_211701~2.jpg

I got one of the low end Le Grelots that is a TI C135 blank. the scales are perfectly serviceable plastic, but a bit meh on the hard chamfer along the edge, and he needs to practice his peening for sure. he used the nail head pins, and this pic doesn't capture the slop of it.

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

I think it would definitely be worth trying. (not by me, it's a little spendy for what I like right now) But, man, what a gorgeous razor and if Jarrod is saying that it is cutting that well I bet it would be a fantastic shaver.

or just buy a TI. these fancier ones look like TI blanks too, and they don't have the best scale work. at that price point, I'd want to be happy with the whole package.

I don't know who's doing Le G work these days, but... I'm seeing a commonality in scale work.

Top Bottom