What's new

Contemplating a refurbished vintage Coke machine for future barbetshop

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You have excellent taste!

I didn't do enough "add on" stuff in my shop, looking back on it.

This was a sad kinda week for me. We are repurposing my old in home shop into a mud room. I'm an old has been, officially, lol. Retirement sucks!

Enjoy your new trade; it is one of the oldest and (at least in my opinion) most honorable and fulfilling ones on the planet.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Can you still get 8 ounce glass bottles? I know Mexican Coke (which we can get here) is 12 ounce, and the original sugar recipe. I don’t drink Coke often, but when I do it’s from Mexico

You can get the 8 oz version here in the stores in 6-packs. The originals were 6 1/2 oz but I suspect the dimensions are similar.

My father had a Coke machine that he restored to perfection when we were kids. It was a stand up one that was about five feet tall and maybe three feet wide if that. You pushed down a lever on the front to dispense the soda. It was a dime for a six or eight ounce bottle (I don't remember) and to this day it's the best soda I've ever had. I think he was using the 8 ounce bottle and it worked in the 6.5 ounce machine. He'd turn the machine up to where there was a half inch of slush like ice in the neck of the bottle.

The glass returnable bottles he bought in six packs and they weren't cheap then. Hard to get then as well as they were in select stores in very limited quantities. Probably even more expensive now, but it was a pretty cool novelty item. I'm not sure how you'd be able to change the mechanism to allow people to purchase a soda directly. You'd also have to charge probably a couple bucks for a six ounce bottle to break even. Still it would be pretty cool.