What's new

Considering trying a cream

I have been DE shaving for maybe about year now and have held tight with soft soaps. However I am tempted to branch out and try something a little different, and between a triple milled soap and cream, cream seemed like the most different I am leaning that direction. I know this could be a dangerous (and expensive) question, but are there any creams that stand out as better then others? I am looking for a good one to try...

Thanks
David

I personally like Captain's Choice and Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) creams. Captain's North has a great Juniper scent and TOBS has strong sandalwood and cedarwood scents.

Sent via mobile

In general, I prefer creams. I'm a face latherer, so creams fit my purpose.

Like all things, trial and error, but I've found Taylor of Old Bond Street do good creams.

If you're looking for tubs, then TOBS is a good place to start without spending too much money. If you're willing to spend more, Trumpers and DR Harris are excellent, and I would say Castle Forbes is my favorite. If you're going with tubes, Musgo is a great cream.

Do you have an Art of Shaving store nearby? Their creams are, in my view, excellent. They will usually let your palm-lather to try it out. They have a new Oud cream I'm wanting to try.

Awesome, thank you every one

Unfortunately I do not have any AOS stores near by (not sure if there are any in Canada even) so I will have to order some and take the risk, if there is any.

TOBS sandalwood is a good cream and great scent; TOBS Eton College is good too if you prefer a citrusy scent. I have DR Harris Arlington, I really enjoy it too but is more expensive than TOBS.

OK, here are a some creams that really perform and that you may like:
St James Of London Sandalwood & Begamot (~$25)
Truefitt & Hill Aspley or Trafalgar (~&$34)
A lesser expensive cream, but a real performer is the Stone Cottage Almond & Flower. ($18). You can also
order 5 samples for about $10 (was $8.50 and may still be) then choose the one(s) you really like). The samples are in little plastic scwer top containers and you get 4-5 shaves from each one. See the Stone Cottage Test thread in Shaving Creams. A lot of us posted about these creams. We all loved them. All the SC creams lathered well, just a matter of taste/scent that you like.
Yes, I ordered a tub of Almond Flower and will be ordering the Sandalwood and Spiced Myrrh in the near future. My three favs.
Mikey

I prefer soaps cause they are less of a hassle for me, however there are really excellent creams out there. My favorite? The inexpensive and humble Palmolive shave cream. Godrej is also pretty good.

Give a try to Speick cream, in a tube. It's really good: great lather, great performance, and a wonderful woodsy/herbal scent. Pairs beautifully, natch, with Speick aftershave.

Another Happy TOBS guy here. Once I make it through my 2 tubs, I'll try some of the others recommended above, but TOBS is good stuff. Easy to lather, great scents.

Top Bottom