What's new

Considering a silvertip

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Appreciate the responses everyone. Looked over all these suggestions. I went with a Semogue 2015 Hd silvertip. Two banded and hand made by a family run business. Seems like it’s a good value for the money.
Great choice, I love Semogue, here are mine in my shave den. Let us know how you enjoy the new brush.
20191103_072727.jpg

I'm late in seeing as you have already made a decision (congrats by the way) but as others have mentioned, the names given to different hair grades are really not standardised. My advice to anyone looking to buy a new brush is to focus on the qualities which they seek in a knot - the label may drive the pricing, but the characteristics of the knot are most important to me.

Appreciate the responses everyone. Looked over all these suggestions. I went with a Semogue 2015 Hd silvertip. Two banded and hand made by a family run business. Seems like it’s a good value for the money.

Good choice!! Enjoy! :a14: :a14:

Arrived today. Looks like a good brush, can’t wait to use it.

Attachments

• BB4BC814-5F5F-437F-B60E-A0539837E94D.jpeg
    BB4BC814-5F5F-437F-B60E-A0539837E94D.jpeg
    677.2 KB · Views: 26
Silvertips are my favorite brushes. They are a little more tender than the other grades though so I would like to pass on some advice on using it.

They have the finest hair of the badger grades and that's what makes them more tender while also offering the softest face feel. To take care of the brush, when you lather don't push down into the soap of lather bowl. Only allow gravity as the down force. Don't pump the brush to build lather. Don't get overly aggressive on splaying the brush against your face. Doing either of these may cause the condition known as donut holing. The hair can start breaking off in the middle of the brush leaving a hole.

You can somewhat aggressively whip the brush back and forth or in a circular motion across the puck but with only gravity pressure. You will still get lots of dreamy / creamy lather.

Enjoy your brush. If you take good care of it, it should last for decades.

There is a nice Silvertip on sale right now on Amazon, Da Vinci 25mm for $54.

That is a helluva deal. These brushes usually cost more than $160.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Semogue brushes tend to be great values. I have the SOC badger brush and it always amazes me how well it holds it's own versus the expansive collection I have of higher priced brushes. Congrats on your acquisition.

Top Bottom