What's new

Consider ordering take out from your fav restaurants

Lemongrass prawn salad from one of my favorite Thai food restaurants.
20201218_165341_HDR.jpg
20201218_165406_HDR.jpg

I had been contemplating ordering for NYE to save the hassle of going out but all the places I tried had all their delivery slots taken already - which is good for them but we then started scrabbling around to find somewhere to go! Given all alcohol consumption must finish by 10.30pm we snagged a 6.00pm booking and will stick a bottle of fizz in the fridge for when we get home...

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
In Boston where I grew up it was customary to eat Chinese food on New Years' Eve. People had to put take out orders in several days before the 31st from many restaurants, and I think dine-in reservations were handed down from generation to generation. It isn't a thing out here in Ohio, but we still do it each New Years' Eve. When our kids were little we started going out for Chinese food on NYE in the mid to late afternoon, and even though they're now grown up we still will eat at 3 or 4 this afternoon. I haven't been on the roads on NYE after dark in probably 25 years. NYE and St Patrick's Day are my two stay-off-the-roads days/evenings. Not because of anything I'd do, but because you lot can't be trusted out there. This year, of course, we'll be doing carry out.

I was out with TLOTH and on the way home she pulled in to Whattaburger. You may recall I’m on a medically supervised diet. Needless to say, my resolve was tried, but I preserved. While she ate her Whattaburger, I ate my HMR Beef Stroganoff entree.

Wife sent me this from a place a few blocks away and we’re already planning on ordering it tomorrow. Doesn’t hurt that it includes a 4-pack from a newish local brewery I’ve been wanting to try out!
1612585267388.jpeg

We eat out several times a week (take out) and almost always leave a tip especially in locally owned restaurants.

Stopped by one of my favorite pubs to pick up wings for a quiet Super Bowl Sunday at home with the family. Every other table removed but the ones that were still there were occupied. Left a 30% tip for my usual barmaids. They're hanging on. Another month and a half and outdoor dining becomes feasible.

Considering a donation to the Barstool Fund as well.

Top Bottom