What's new

Consider ordering take out from your fav restaurants

The phased relaxation moves to stage 2 on Friday, restaurants can do dine in again but must adhere to safe distancing, staff to wear masks, guests must do the track in and out through the Gov Tech app, temperature checking on arrival, and must stop serving alcohol at 22.30. All that said, we have a table for 7pm on Friday at Bar A Thym!!

Been doing take out sushi from KC Sushi on a regular basis.....yumm
1592404536939.png

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Went back to Doc's today. Fish and chips was the order except we replaced the chips for onion rings. They also had this wonderful chipotle jalapeno slaw. Just one plate split between SWMBO and me and we couldn't eat it all. Round two tonight with leftovers and this time a splash of malt vinegar.

...I'm so full.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Our local Chinese takeout now looks like a NASA control room!

All plexiglass wall. Speaker to take your order. Since both people are wearing masks, and the one guy doesn't speak English real well, this is a challenge.

Food was placed in an airlock, I (kid) you not. One door opens one door closes.

(But what good is all this if someone in the kitchen has it?)

Yeah, it tasted great. But what kind of world are we now living in?

AA

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Our local Chinese takeout now looks like a NASA control room!

All plexiglass wall. Speaker to take your order. Since both people are wearing masks, and the one guy doesn't speak English real well, this is a challenge.

Food was placed in an airlock, I (kid) you not. One door opens one door closes.

(But what good is all this if someone in the kitchen has it?)

Yeah, it tasted great. But what kind of world are we now living in?

AA
Yes...+1 They could be coughing and spitting on the food in the back...bingo ya got it.

Are all of y'all's diners closed? We eat out regularly at our favorite restaurants and we sit at our favorite independent coffee shop every morning. Nothing has changed here except that it's really hard to get my four year old's friends to hang out. Sad...

Been going out to a few places lately

Here are some pic's I took from the last 2.

Asian BBQ pork to go.

20200725_115003_HDR.jpg

Chicken with basil in spicy garlic sauce with rice and stir fried vegetables. Thai iced tea to wash it down.

20200731_162507_HDR.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Got a gyro and a Greek salad yesterday. I was a good boy and only bought one gyro (they are a weakness of mine).

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I really miss the Sunday Indian buffet. My kids thought Catholics were required to have Indian food immediately after church on Sundays- we did it nearly every Sunday for years. Indian restaurants have really suffered without the buffet- sure, it's only $8 a person but they'd run an awful lot of people through that buffet line each day at lunchtime.

We've gotten carry outs from our 2 fave Indian places once every couple weeks since this all started. I feel for them. Good family restaurants run by good people. Get yourself a bit of curried goat this weekend, why don't you?

We order curbside delivery a few times a week. It’s a nice break from the monotony of fixing 3 meals every day. Had barbecue tonight!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
For us, yesterday we ventured out and sat outside with mister fans. We ordered fried mushrooms and chips and salsa. SWMBO ordered a beerita, me, a frozen margarita. The waitress was nice, friendly, hard working and pretty. We tipped high.
Get out and help your local restaurants.

I have been traveling since Monday. On Monday night I was in Tucumcari NM. I had a choice of Burger King, Taco Bell, Sonic, and Denny's. Not much of a choice. Denny's was the only one serving meals all the others were takeout.

Tuesday I was in Springfield MO and there was a small salad place across the street from my hotel. I was surprised it had a website and I looked at their menu and called in my order. When I walked across the street the restaurant door was locked and the instructions were to text your order number, which I did. Out came an individual who looked like she was an astronaut. She had a mask, face shield, hat, and surgical gloves on. I gave my credit card number when I called in the order so there was minimal contact.

Top Bottom