Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather

Who will win?

• Conor Conquers

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Floyd Will-weather the storm and win

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Floyd wins the fight easily. Conor gets a huge payday. It's kind of a sideshow barkers dream, but ultimately meaningless.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
They both win. Over 100M payday for them both. Yup, that's a win-win.

But Floyd by a long shot. Conor isn't a boxer. And he's fighting a boxer in his turf. And a boxer that is undefeated. Conor is an excellent showman. And he's got the skills to back it up, in the octagon. Floyd is an excellent showman. And he's got the skills to back it up, in the boxing ring. Conor fights Floyd in a boxing match - Floyd wins every time. Floyd fights Conor in an MMA fight - Conor wins every time.

This fight isn't about who's the better fighter, who has the most skill, blah blah. It's about the money. Two dudes that are the best at hyping and promotion in their respected sports coming together to fight each other...CHA CHING! The only reason it's a boxing match and not an MMA fight is because Floyd isn't stupid and that's where the most money is. He's not going to retire with a loosing record. And Conor isn't stupid either, he's agreed to it because he's going to get the largest payday in his career to loose. Because that's the only way the fight would happen, a boxing match.

I'd do it too.

Conor doesn't land a punch and if he tries, gasses himself punching Mayweather's gloves before getting knocked out. I lose because I refuse to pay $99 for the fight.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Conor doesn't land a punch and if he tries, gasses himself punching Mayweather's gloves before getting knocked out. I lose because I refuse to pay $99 for the fight.
Ditto. I'd watch it for free. But I'm not going to pay for it. Any amount. All I want to know is who wins. And I already know that :001_rolle

Mayweather! It is really difficult to crossover to a related sport and beat the all time best in that sport. Reminds of the video of Jennie Finch striking out Albert Pujols!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm actually going to pick Conor. I don't think Mayweather can hit him hard enough to knock him out, and he'll eventually track Mayweather down in a corner and pound the ever-lovin' crabapples out of him.

I'm actually going to pick Conor. I don't think Mayweather can hit him hard enough to knock him out, and he'll eventually track Mayweather down in a corner and pound the ever-lovin' crabapples out of him.

Don't think Conor's going to do much damage wearing boxing gloves, instead of the 8oz. MMA gloves. Especially against one of the greatest boxers ever. But Conor is tough, no doubt. Ill wait for a free replay sometime afterwards.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Don't think Conor's going to do much damage wearing boxing gloves, instead of the 8oz. MMA gloves. Especially against one of the greatest boxers ever. But Conor is tough, no doubt. Ill wait for a free replay sometime afterwards.

I think the biggest difference will be the greater blocking ability with the larger gloves, but that won't last forever.

I'm in! If I were more confident in this result, I would spend $99 to see Floyd get whooped.

Mayweather wins under any scenario. The most likely scenario (and the most boring) is that it goes the distance and Mayweather wins by decision. Best case scenario for McGregor is that he wins a round while Mayweather rests.

The more interesting scenario is that Mayweather knocks him out sometime between the 6th and 9th rounds after McGregor has gassed out.

If McGregor survives the 9th round he will be there through the entire fight.

Mayweather wins under any scenario.

Yeah, this one isn't going to be close at all. Being a boxing match Mayweather will win this one very convincingly and in a timely manner. He's too fast for McGregor as I don't see McGregor being able to land much at all. I do like McGregor but unfortunately for him this will be incredibly one sided. I'm sure he won't be too upset though, especially with the payday he's getting.

What I'd like to see is Mayweather with his boxing skills going against McGregor with the freedom to use his full set of MMA skills as I suspect that might even things up a bit.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What I'd like to see is Mayweather with his boxing skills going against McGregor with the freedom to use his full set of MMA skills as I suspect that might even things up a bit.

No, it wouldn't even things up. It'd be life-threatening to Mayweather.

Merryweather under MMA rules might not be life threatening, as long as there is a referee present but it wouldn't be pretty and he wouldn't (and shouldn't) accept such a fight.

Top Bottom