What's new

Connaught Wooden Shaving Soap Bowls

Do any of you have some experience with Connaught Shaving's wooden shaving soap bowls? For reference, I'm specifically talking about the small and medium sized bowls shown here: http://connaughtshaving.com/woodenbowls.html. How's the finish? Are they as smooth and even as they look? From the look of the pictures, they're a bit nicer than the bowl they offer for Harris soaps. What about durability? Do they wear out quickly or blanch stain into soaps? I'm curious to find out what you guys may know...

I have the medium sized brown one (dark oak?), and it looks nice. It's held up OK for the past year, but there is clearly some wear on either the paint of stain applied the surface. My black bowl from Italian Barber looks as good as new.

I have the medium sized brown one (dark oak?), and it looks nice. It's held up OK for the past year, but there is clearly some wear on either the paint of stain applied the surface. My black bowl from Italian Barber looks as good as new.

Thanks for info. Would you say that one seems to be of any better quality than the other aside from the stain issues (smoother finish, fewer rough spots, etc)?

Last edited:
Top Bottom