What's new

Connaught Shaving

I just wanted to put a thumbs up on this English company.
I ordered and loved there selection of items we can not get in the states. Or can get but most not in stock.
I was able to order some samples of Extro soap and upon 1st smell WOW can not wait to try it.
Prices are very good and really shipping is cheaper them some sights in the states.
3 drawbacks one the most is they can not ship alcohol based products, the other 2 not that big. Shipping will take about a week or 2 longer. And last a very very small international charge will go in you CC. My 23 order had a 75 cent charge.
But something to consider.

I've bought from Connaught many times, and from their wide selection and quick shipping at a reasonable price, it's hard to beat them.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've made several orders through Connaught. I havent had a single issue and the low cost international shipping takes about 20 days to Canada.

I've never had any additional international charges though. Maybe because I'm in Canada.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have had 3 orders from Connaught, no dramas apart from the delivery time to Australia being well over 3 weeks, but I don't blade them for that.

Thumbs up for Connaught Shaving.

I have had 3 successful deliveries from them and the 4th one on the way. Takes about 2 weeks to reach Singapore. Good selection and very reasonable shipping rates.

p/s: how I wish they can ship alcohol-based aftershaves to me :(

Funny thought. How many have IF EVER ordered next day shipping??
Oh my we can wait because we will absolutely never run out of product!!
That is why the 2-3 week period is a no biggie.
But one observation is the packages do get beat up! My 2 orders looked like they been threw a war!!

Funny thought. How many have IF EVER ordered next day shipping??
Oh my we can wait because we will absolutely never run out of product!!
That is why the 2-3 week period is a no biggie.
But one observation is the packages do get beat up! My 2 orders looked like they been threw a war!!

More likely threw at a wall.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Mine have always been packaged so well I think they could have played soccer with them and not hurt anything. Maggard as well, but Scott @Captain Pre-Capsize, wins the best packaging award from all of my orders so far.

I do appreciate the way Connaught doesn’t try to gouge me with their shipping costs.

I've never had any additional international charges though. Maybe because I'm in Canada.

Connaught seems to love to do its business with North America. That shows up looking at their shipping charges.
Try to buy from outside CONUS/Canada/UK and you will discover a different reality.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Try to buy from outside CONUS/Canada/UK and you will discover a different reality.

Its expensive buying from Canadian retailers. By the time the shipping is added and the 13% tax on it all, a tub of soup costs almost twice as much.

Maggard has a similar low cost international shipping option for those outside of the US.

Maggard has a similar low cost international shipping option for those outside of the US.

Didn’t realise that, thanks! Maggard was one of the many US vendors I have been ignoring on the assumption that their shipping rates would be prohibitive. I’ll check them out!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Didn’t realise that, thanks! Maggard was one of the many US vendors I have been ignoring on the assumption that their shipping rates would be prohibitive. I’ll check them out!

You're welcome!

I shop at both Maggard and Connaught equally. Shipping rates are about the same from either to me in Canada. Both take between 18 and 24 days for delivery to me with the low cost international. Global Express I think they call it.

I doubt many people here would completely run out of supplies and be unable to shave during a shipping period of that length :)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've bought from Connaught's many times. Their shipping rates are good to NZ. Most orders arrive in about 1 week, so can't complain there either.
Shame they can't ship AS here to NZ anymore but that's not their fault.

Its expensive buying from Canadian retailers. By the time the shipping is added and the 13% tax on it all, a tub of soup costs almost twice as much.

Reading again my previous post and I realize it makes little sense. It should have read:

"Connaught seems to love to do its business with North America. That shows up looking at their shipping charges.
Try to buy from Connaught if you live outside of CONUS/Canada/UK and you will discover a different reality."

I would love to shop from Connaught but the entry-level shipping fee for me is around 10 pounds ($14). Every item I add to the cart the shipping costs rise and rise. By the time I have a soap, a little Omega brush, a magazine of Proline blades and 20 Gem SE blades the shipping cost is already around $25-30. I wish it was "the more I buy the more I save" but no, the more I buy the more the shipping increase exponentially. Last time I've checked my shopping cart the total due was around $100 and out of that 100, $50 was the shipping cost.
I've also tried to have the goods sent to my family in Italy but it's the same old song 'n' dance, plus the added VAT. How come shipping to US is near to "free" and to Italy, so much closer to England, $20-$30?

Maggard, in fact, is my favorite shop as they have, beside a great choice and a stellar customer support, the absolute best international shipping option.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Maggard, in fact, is my favorite option as they have the absolute best international shipping option.

Maggards international shipping option will ship to you inexpensively, thats good to know. I assumed Connaughts was worldwide as well, but it may not be.

You're typical costs reflect my own ordering from anywhere in Canada. The cost rises quickly, but, with most places we can also have a minimum order for free shipping. No sites offer that option to where you are?

Top Bottom