What's new

Connaught Shaving and Rising U.S. $/U.K. Pound Exchange Rate = Amazing Shave Soap & Cream Pricing for U.S. Buyers

I guess the fees were higher through PayPal (not sure if different credit cards through PayPal would make any difference) because my Chase card is not Sapphire (@jesseixmentioned cards like that usually waive international currency conversion fees or are much less).

Did you use PayPal or just straight up credit card through the checkout?
Just noticed that Connaught raised prices on MWF at some point over the past couple days. The refill puck went from 5.25 to 6.25 GBP (ex VAT) while the soap in a ceramic dish went from 14.50 to 18.25 GBP (ex VAT). They had been out of stock for over a week on MWF so I'm guessing the new shipments came in at a higher price. Still a great deal compared to other vendors.

Suspect we will see more of this as inflation, that is higher in the U.K. than the U.S., works its way through retailer inventories partially offsetting the currently advantageous exchange rates. Other soaps seem to be at the same prices as before.

Glad we were able to place our orders before this. Hope you are enjoying the items in your recent Connaught order.

Did they get rid of free shipping for orders over £80GBP?

I placed and order at the beginning of December and I got free shipping. However, to the end of December I tried placing another order and international free shipping wasn’t available. I contacted them but haven’t received and answer. Probably is no longer offered, the webpage only states free shipping for UK on orders over 45 GBP

I placed and order at the beginning of December and I got free shipping. However, to the end of December I tried placing another order and international free shipping wasn’t available. I contacted them but haven’t received and answer. Probably is no longer offered, the webpage only states free shipping for UK on orders over 45 GBP

They updated all their shipping rates during December - not a surprise really given how shipping costs have been increasing globally.

Also, in the past Paul has always been the "face" of Connaughts on forums and on email communications. Recently, I had cause to email Connaughts and it took several days to receive a reply, which came from Phil. Phil appears to be Paul's relative, so I expect they might be dealing with something as family. That said, Phil has been lightening fast at shipping orders, even if he isn't checking the email so often!

Top Bottom