What's new

Connaught mass dumping their products for cheap?

Does anyone know why?

The variety of shaving creams and soaps that they have seem to have gone down by half and many are on sale.

They are not even replenishing their Proraso products.

The UK isn't part of the EU anymore. He won't be able to re-sell any software made in the EU at a competitive price, so his software lines will likely become UK-origin only.
What do you mean? They can no longer sell EU products? The americans and canadians are still happily selling it.

What do you mean? They can no longer sell EU products? The americans and canadians are still happily selling it.

Because of the exit from the EU there are new regulations about products made in Great Britain. So old products made that were under the EU that included Great Britain most be sold off to comply with the new regulations of the exit from the EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because of the exit from the EU there are new regulations about products made in Great Britain. So old products made that were under the EU that included Great Britain most be sold off to comply with the new regulations of the exit from the EU.

That sucks. But why would they do that?

Nothing "must be sold off".

Whether it'll make financial sense for them to continue to offer certain EU-made products is different story.

IMHO, as these products have a limited shelf live, they simply wanna get rid of them before they expire.

Nothing "must be sold off".

Whether it'll make financial sense for them to continue to offer certain EU-made products is different story.

IMHO, as these products have a limited shelf live, they simply wanna get rid of them before they expire.

I have a similar understanding. Paul from Connaught Shaving explained in another forum that it is going to be more expensive to import cosmetic products from EU into the UK and also to sell cosmetic products to EU customers.

He probably had a large customer base made of European customers, who now very likely will find the same EU-made products cheaper and hassle-free inside the union, so he is clearing out items to reduce inventory. From his posts in the other forum, he may not continue to carry many of these items as they might not be profitable selling only to UK and overseas customers

a similar situation happened to Simpson’s, where Mark is clearing out their software line

here’s what Simpson’s published in their website

***** Due to the United Kingdom’s recent decision to leave the European Union, cosmetic products are now subject to onerous compliance stipulations when exporting overseas in bulk to distribution hubs or retailers.

These highly restrictive export barriers mean that our Alexander Simpson pre-shave oils, post-shave balms & ultra-glide shave creams will now only be available to purchase from our website & not through normal European retail channels.

This will in no way affect the ability of an individual customer to purchase the products from us directly & we will ensure that the goods are shipped in a way that negates import difficulties or further costs.

As such we are heavily discounting our Alexander Simpson cosmetic range which means you will now be able to enjoy the finest products on the market at prices that will make them hard to resist *****”

Although I don't know the reason Connaught are selling down their products other than those given above, I can confirm there is potentially scope for a lot of additional charges importing to the EU from the UK.

Although export prices are VAT free, upon arrival into the EU there are customs charges and VAT to be paid on the total value, including shipping. That's bearable, but the ubiquitous Administration fees make it generally unfeasible with a minimum fee (if memory serves correct my last import had VAT and no customs fees totalling about €5, but there was a €12.50 admin fee charged by the carrier).

For some reason going to amazon.ie redirects to the Amazon UK site, whereas the amazon.de site would make more sense.

Same here, Connaught UK to Austria a GBP 30.00 order lead to EUR 6.00 import VAT and EUR 10.00 handling fee. If the order would have exceeded EUR 150.00 additional duties would have come into play as well.

So if I would order again it would have to be between EUR 100.00-150.00 to minimize the handling fee yet stay under the duty threshold...

does connaught offer a discount to members of any shaving forum?
if so, can someone type it here...or PM me please?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
As long as they keep CRS and Wickham 1912 in abundant supply, I'll remain a happy shaver.

does connaught offer a discount to members of any shaving forum?
if so, can someone type it here...or PM me please?
Free shipping to Singapore when you exceed ... I think it's 60 pounds sterling. If you are getting some of the discounted items, it can be quite worthwhile when combined with free shipping.

Top Bottom