What's new

Confusion on where threads belong

So I posted in de razors, which is all Henson currently manufactures, “stand for a Henson razor?” And in the body I put I’m looking for cool modern looking stand for a Henson. Looking for ideas. The moderator moved the first one, and I thought it didn’t post then I found it and thought maybe I put it there by accident. I posted again and it was moved again along with a message asking me not to do it again. By that logic shouldn’t any post with with an actual brand name be moved to the brotherhood thread??? Doesn’t make sense to me.

To help explain, moderators posted a sticky INFO post called PLEASE READ: Achieving Balance in Product Discussions at the top of the General Shaving Discussion forum.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Personally, I would want my thread there because I would have the guys who know the most about Henson and could really nail down what has worked for them and what hasn't. 🙃

I wonder if there is an automated response that can be generated to a thread starter when a post has been moved. Just a canned message encouraging participation but explaining what happened, and directing to the sticky post for elaboration.

I had the same confusion as kcbrett when it first happened to me. As a newer member in an unfamiliar community, I remember worrying, "Did I do something wrong? Have I accidentally violated community standards? Do I belong here if my posts are going to disappear?"

I wonder if there is an automated response that can be generated to a thread starter when a post has been moved. Just a canned message encouraging participation but explaining what happened, and directing to the sticky post for elaboration.

I had the same confusion as kcbrett when it first happened to me. As a newer member in an unfamiliar community, I remember worrying, "Did I do something wrong? Have I accidentally violated community standards? Do I belong here if my posts are going to disappear?"
I had a similar feeling myself. Almost sent me cowering away, embarrassed for being a rule breaker.....

I spent a lot of time writing a very in depth review on a new soap release and it got moved into the body of someone else’s thread where it would be buried and unread forever.
I’ll never be bothered to spend the time and effort to write another review.

Top Bottom