What's new

Conditioning light scent splash

I just started using AS splashes this summer after previously thinking they would be too harsh for my skin - boy was I wrong. Right now I really love Proraso Green and imagine that always be in rotation given how much I like it after a month. I like the way it makes my face feel both immediately after putting it on (the menthol) and throughout the day. While I like, not love, the initial scent, I appreciate the fact that it quickly fades to just smelling "clean".

I don't need a menthol splash, but obviously I like them. My question: What are some conditioning alcohol based splashs that have a light scent that I could add some variety to the Proraso? I am fine adding one or five and price really doesn't matter much as long as it makes my skin feel great.

I tried Proraso red and it has too heavy a scent. I also tried the West Coast Shaving sample pack of splashes and the only one that I really liked was the Proraso green. The Ogallala was OK, but I would always reach for Proraso before it. I just tried samples of Barrister and Mann's Reserve Classic and Reserve Cool. I liked the face feel of the Cool, but am not crazy about the scent - it is a little too barbershop for me. The sample was also blue - I think they changed that to be clear, but I imagine they scent is still there.

As an aside, I am trying to step up my shave game as I have to shave more often for a new job. Just started using Boellis Panama 1924 soap after using mostly Castle Forbes cream and RazoRock Mudder Focker soap - the Boellis is incredible. That and the Proraso have given me a better understanding of what I can get with a shave.

Fine Accoutrements Clean Vetiver is a fantastically crisp and light AS for me, with average longevity. As is their American Blend (much better longevity for me).

Fine aftershaves aren't "conditioning," I wouldn't recommend them.

Reserve Waves is probably the best bet out of that series
Chiseled Face Trade Winds
Chatillon Lux Taum Sauk is a light and mild scent - be warned it has a TON of menthol though

Lucky Tiger has no alcohol, good skin care ingredients and a light citrus scent! Sounds like what you are looking for to me! :a14::a14:

I've really started looking at the respective ingredients, I don't want to pay
for nothing more than alcohol,witch hazel and fragrance. Lucky tiger seems to
fit your bill.

Speick & La Toja splashes. They feel awesome and have great scents that are so good i wished they were stronger and longer...so definitely on the light side.

Top Bottom