What's new

Concerned about hygiene of vintage SE razors

I have a coarse beard and so far I've tried Merkur Futur and 39C Slant Sledgehammer.

I now want to try an SE razor but it looks like all of the recommended ones are vintage.

I'm concerned about the hygiene of vintage SE razors that were used by someone else.

Do you have any recommendations for new SE razors that are just as good?

Barbicide or Dettol will kill everything on the razor and sterilize it. It should be in many traditional wetshavers kits. It's also good to sterilize your brushes once in a while to keep mold at bay. A ten second soak is all it takes.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Barbicide or Dettol will kill everything on the razor and sterilize it. It should be in many traditional wetshavers kits. It's also good to sterilize your brushes once in a while to keep mold at bay. A ten second soak is all it takes.
Yep. That's good stuff.
Here is one of my latest aquistions. Photos of after followed by before. Maybe 15 minutes worth of effort. View attachment 1025790View attachment 1025791View attachment 1025792View attachment 1025793View attachment 1025794

If you want a new razor, get the clone. It is identical in performance to the original Type L.
Well done! Good to know that the clones work well too.

Top Bottom