What's new

Concept gun (Or how to kill a dark blob.)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm trying to design a firearm that hasn't been done for the specific quarry. It needs to be powerful enough to stop the animal, yet light enough to transport over rough terrain.

There is a potential to make millions for the future demand.

Any ideas?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I would suggest a .50/20 Oscar. I can make it light... but you will need reconstructive shoulder surgery after you pull the trigger!
BTW, the .50/20 Oscar is a wildcat that is a 20mm Vulcan cannon round necked down to a .50BMG bullet. Pushes an 1100 grain solid at about 3600 FPS or a 800 grain bullet to about 4000 FPS!
24107B50-8149-42B3-A571-68E0CA6137D5.jpeg

.308 on the left, .50BMG in the middle, and .50/20 Oscar on the right!

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I would suggest a .50/20 Oscar. I can make it light... but you will need reconstructive shoulder surgery after you pull the trigger!
BTW, the .50/20 Oscar is a wildcat that is a 20mm Vulcan cannon round necked down to a .50BMG bullet. Pushes an 1100 grain solid at about 3600 FPS or a 800 grain bullet to about 4000 FPS!
View attachment 1211611

That’s not gonna hurt me, I am to blurry to get a bead on.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
What's wrong with just using the Sonic Screwdriver? It's tested technology with a long history of reliability and even works on Daleks.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Rob is mysteriously missing from this thread. I was reading that all the LEO in Oklahoma have been have been called in to the Capitol building in OKC to train for this monumental event. Imagine the training police and Game Officers are going to need to identify a bigfoot and make sure it was taken legally. Photos of known Bigfoots are going to be used for this training. All LEO's will have the picture below on the desktop of their computers so identity can be instantaneous. @OkieStubble anything to add?

bigfootimage.jpg

View attachment 1211611

I'll take that .50/20, if you can somehow make it fit a six shooter. Or Derringer-type firearm for personal protection

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It is morally wrong to try to kill a sentient, trans-dimensional being! :cuppa:

Besides, if it can hide that well, it's probably got some sort of defense. Just saying.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Rob is mysteriously missing from this thread. I was reading that all the LEO in Oklahoma have been have been called in to the Capitol building in OKC to train for this monumental event. Imagine the training police and Game Officers are going to need to identify a bigfoot and make sure it was taken legally. Photos of known Bigfoots are going to be used for this training. All LEO's will have the picture below on the desktop of their computers so identity can be instantaneous. @OkieStubble anything to add?

View attachment 1211744

Training is going great! It’s the first animal/human/thing. I am learning to hunt by smell. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, where I live that would come down to how it tastes and if you can deep fry/smoke it! :lol:

Here in Cajun country we say, "never bring your dog to a boil."

Meaning a crawfish boil, but. 🤔 Toward the end, a lot of things get thrown in...

(cue up loud zydeco music)
"Witch one'a youse wants a chunk of dis swamp-man meat?"

Hands go up.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Meaning a crawfish boil, but. 🤔 Toward the end, a lot of things get thrown in...

Hands go up.

AA

Lol’d.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

Hands go up.

AA

I actually went to one of those events in Milton. It was kinda scary.

Top Bottom