What's new

Computer chair

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm on the hunt for a new computer chair. My current one has severed me well for about 17 years, so really was out of touch with what's good.
On looking I see a lot of gaming chairs. Really? I'm not a gamer so have not idea what they are all about.

This is basically the spec I'm after. High back, be able to recline a bit and lock in place and be comfortable. I don't want a seat that looks like it belongs in a race car.
Any recommendations welcome.

These are a couple that have grabbed my attention so far. The DXRacer looks like it may be what I'm after. Shame they have to cheapen it by slapping their brand name over it.

Legend executive high back chair.

Legend-Highback-Black-PU.jpg

DXRacer Classic Series OH/CE120/N.

CHRDXR7100__1.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
We have only got a scabby old office chair at our computer. Both those chairs look fantastic. I'm drawn to the Racer on looks but only just. Good luck with making a decision.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
My chair has a low back with no arms. And it has 4 legs. They make a square. I read that a magnet is bad for the computer. No magnet. It looks as if I'm a square , and that was out in my days.

What I have is an ordinary chair, and I love it.

This is an extra: I was number two (2} at this thread. Then I bounced out and saw that ajkel64 had published. So I bounced back in , and there was that Aussie. B and B socked it to me. I didn't know they could do that.

Last edited:
A parade of $250 office max and staples chairs has marched through my home office over the years. They each start ok, and then rapidly decline. The only chairs I enjoyed were the ones that my employer has in almost all of its conference rooms: Herman Miller Aeron. I finally gave in and bought a refurbished unit from an eBay vendor about 10 years ago. Parade over.

I have a Steelcase chair that I've used for over 10 years. Most comfortable office and durable chair I've ever had. I don't recall the model, but looking at their website the Leap and Gesture look most like what I have. I got the optional headrest, too.

They are more money than most Staples chairs but well worth it if you work at a computer all day.

Curbside mall special.

Haven't sat in it in 3 or more years, since I stopped using a desktop computer.

Den couch for the occasional days I use a laptop.

Since getting the S-8+ it's been down hill from there .

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had a high back mesh type office chair for a few years until the up and down shock broke
the office ordered 3 new chairsfrom the expensive office supply store at about $800 each. After waiting about 2 weeks they delivered 2 not 3 Mine was the subject of a paperwork error. Sick of waiting i went to staples and spent an hour riding several models and got a floor model assembled at a discount for under $200
I bought the protection plan apparently once during the coverage they will replace the chair with a new one so i plan on doing that

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A parade of $250 office max and staples chairs has marched through my home office over the years. They each start ok, and then rapidly decline. The only chairs I enjoyed were the ones that my employer has in almost all of its conference rooms: Herman Miller Aeron. I finally gave in and bought a refurbished unit from an eBay vendor about 10 years ago. Parade over.

The Herman Miller Aeron looks like a quality chair.

Curbside mall special.

Haven't sat in it in 3 or more years, since I stopped using a desktop computer.

Den couch for the occasional days I use a laptop.

Since getting the S-8+ it's been down hill from there .

I had moved away from a PC at a desk as well but have just added a new PC into my spare room.
The wife likes to fluff around playing games on it and has complained of back pain after sitting in the old chair. A laptop in a comfy recliner is good but some tasks are better at a desk, with a bigger and better screen and room to spread stuff out.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I was lining up the DX Racer but they are out of stock till mid October.
Nope, not waiting till then, so decided to pull the trigger on this one.

Legend-Highback-Black-PU.jpg

My next chair will be a Recaro, I have never heard of a Recaro seat being thrown out, if they wear people refurb them as they are so comfortable.

proxy.php

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
How is the chair shaping up?

It should be delivered later this week.
The wife normally gives me grief about online purchase being delivered but she's looking forward to this one arriving. Guess it may be a while before she lets me try it. :)

If the wife takes your first choice, may I recommend the Aeron, I have two of them and they'll outlast me. If you must endure cool/cold nights a lambskin with combed fleece is very nice indeed. During the hot months it is extremely comfortable ventilation. Oh and we're not even speaking about the geometry adjustments and comfort due to design.

Top Bottom