What's new

Complete Noob...Seeking Recommendations

Hey all, I recently became interested in trying out old fashioned wet shaving after reading an article on MSN. I gave it a shot today with some Proraso soap, the Proraso brush and a Gillette Fusion. I was absolutely floored with how good it felt (I had about a week old beard, and very sensitive around the neck). I didn't do the greatest job, but I'm hooked. I've used an electric razor since I started shaving, and this blew it away.

What I'd like to get from everyone, is a good "starter kit" to get really going in wet shaving. I'll stick with the Proraso soap for now, but I'm looking for recommendations for quality, but not super-expensive brushes, razors and any other accessories I might need to get started.

Thanks all.

EDIT: Spelling.

Welcome to B&B.

I think the cream you're referring to is Proraso, not Provoso. A good razor to start with would be a Merkur HD or Classic. It will cost you about $30. You can get the C&E Best Badger Brush for $35 at a C&E Store or online. A 100 pack of Derby blades can be had on Ebay for around $15. This is a great package to start out with and build upon.

leake (name??),

Welcome to B&B!! :badger: I suggest that you read Scotto's wetshaving FAQ, it has quite a bit of information for the beginner..feel free to ask questions and above all, enjoy!

Here's the FAQ

roughrider said:
Welcome to B&B.

I think the cream you're referring to is Proraso, not Provoso. A good razor to start with would be a Merkur HD or Classic. It will cost you about $30. You can get the C&E Best Badger Brush for $35 at a C&E Store or online. A 100 pack of Derby blades can be had on Ebay for around $15. This a great package to start out with and build upon.
Ditto. Roughrider has outlined a superb starters kit that will provide you with great quality at a great value. If this is more than you can currently spend, buy the razor and blades and continue to use the cream and brush that you already have.

...BTW, Welcome to B&B.

Top Bottom