Hammerli 102.

proxy.php

H&R USRA

proxy.php

Colt Match Target

proxy.php

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Custom Springfield Armory 1911 single stack, stock Glocks mod 21, 27 and 19. S&W 686 6 in.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
IDPA Stock Service Pistol SSP Competitor. Did pretty well in my state classification back in 96’. Invited to compete in their first Regional held in Arkansas and didn’t do so good against the big boys.

Was running a Glock 19 Gen2. I’d post a pic but I sold it. But take my word, it looked just like a Glock 19. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Competition pistol: High Standard Military Supermatic.

That gun makes/made an expert out of anyone.

AA

Les Baer Premier stainless .45 back when I was shooting IDPA, but I was in it just for the fun of it. Probably should have bought something less expensive, but I've sure enjoyed shooting it!

Fun thread, Mike!

Bulls Eye and Hunter Pistol Silhouette are competitive handgun sports I have enjoyed most. Only ever dabbled in "combat" competition.

.22s

High Standard Supermatic Trophy

Smith & Wesson Model 17 K-22 Masterpiece

Center Fires

Smith & Wesson Model 14 K-38 Masterpiece .38 Special

Colt Officers Model Match .38 Special

Colt Series 70 Gold Cup .45 ACP

Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum (hunter pistol silhouette)

Sorry Claudel Xerxes;

Mike began the other thread on combat pistols.

Nice thread idea you had.

Folks have outgrown the target guns of a generation ago.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Sorry Claudel Xerxes;

Mike began the other thread on combat pistols.

Nice thread idea you had.

No worries. :001_smile I started this thread for a couple reasons. The first being that I don't own a race or target gun. The handguns I have are all stock and have night sights (with the exception of my Judge), so they're not really tailored toward competitive shooting. The H&K VP9 Long Slide kit was announced at Shot Show. It piqued my interest and got me thinking about if my stock VP9 could work well enough as some of the other guns commonly seen in competitions. It seems like Glocks and S&W M&Ps are pretty popular in the run and gun competitions.

The second thing that influenced me to start this thread is that I've been toying with the idea of getting a 1911 for awhile now, and I keep coming back to thinking about a Colt Competition 1911. I wouldn't get one for competition, but I like the price (comparatively) and the features. It just made me think about other guns designed for competitive shooting.

Ruger 10/22, Volquartsen trigger, barrel, etc., now with C-More sight for Steel Challenge.

IMG_1653.JPG

Bullseye/Precision Pistol;
S&W Model 41, Randal Fung Grip, Clark 6.5" barrel and Clark trigger job.

IMG_4003.JPG

Rock River Arms 1911 .45, KC Kusoms Roll Triger kit. <1.5" at 50-yards.

IMG_1072.JPG

USPSA - Limited 10 - Glock 35, Production - SIG 226, PPC - Ruger PC9
Bullseye Revolver - S&W 14
CMP Kimber M82, just dabbling in benchrest and rifle matches.

Tom

Last edited:
Sorry Claudel Xerxes;

I'm glad to see a few of us still enjoy the old school precision and firearms. :biggrin1:

IMG_1074.JPG

The second thing that influenced me to start this thread is that I've been toying with the idea of getting a 1911 for awhile now, and I keep coming back to thinking about a Colt Competition 1911. I wouldn't get one for competition, but I like the price (comparatively) and the features. It just made me think about other guns designed for competitive shooting.

Lots of modern options in 1911 and 2011 available now with features and accuracy from the manufacturer that would have been custom back in the day. Great platforms like the Springfield Range Officer offer a quality firearm value that can be built up if you want.

Tom

20190209_212530.jpg
20190209_212328.jpg

My primary pistol for USPSA/IDPA and Steel Chalange is a Dan Wesson Valor.
I use the Les Baer as my backup.

For thumbtack matches a K38.
20161110_165749.jpg

No photos handy of the ugly black guns for 3 gun.

Top Bottom