What's new

Comparison of 34C, Tech, and Jagger

These are all Tech style razors. These pictures show how they differ in dimension. As far as gap, my crude measurement puts the EJ at .030 inches, HD at .030 inches, and tech at .025 inches. I'm using a tapered gap gauge, not designed for this. In the pictures it goes tech, HD, and EJ from top to bottom and left to right. By the way, the EJ is a three piece, like the tech. The HD is a two piece, and the easiest to load up with a blade.

How do they shave compared to each other? I pretty much use a tech exclusively and would be interested to know if the other two shave the shave with similar results and feeling.

How do they shave compared to each other? I pretty much use a tech exclusively and would be interested to know if the other two shave the shave with similar results and feeling.

The HD and the tech are close, though the tech is a smaller razor in your hand. Somehow the diminutive tech can give a plenty close shave despite its blade gap. I may prefer it to the HD. I guess its going to take a long time to sort out the differences, because I think they are probably pretty subtle. I do find the grip on the tech to be outstanding; better than the HD. I'm going to shave with the EJ tommorow, and I'll comment then. For those who are into such things, the EJ comes in a very nice box.

Last edited:
the EJ is like the Muhle R89 and performs really good(as well as is a beauty)Is better finished than any Merkur and has a perfect weight/ balance.The only problem(at least for me)is that is a 3 piece razor.I would highly recomend this razor to anyone both beginner or experience.

the EJ is like the Muhle R89 and performs really good(as well as is a beauty)Is better finished than any Merkur and has a perfect weight/ balance.The only problem(at least for me)is that is a 3 piece razor.I would highly recomend this razor to anyone both beginner or experience.
You don't like loading the blade?

You don't like loading the blade?

Not much man, but I love the style and how it shaves.By the way,I have a tech open comb (3 piece too) that performs great..actually my best shave so far with a Gillette Swede on it.I will try one close comb like yours.Give me your feedback when you try the EJ.
Greetings!

Not much man, but I love the style and how it shaves.By the way,I have a tech open comb (3 piece too) that performs great..actually my best shave so far with a Gillette Swede on it.I will try one close comb like yours.Give me your feedback when you try the EJ.
Greetings!

I shaved with the EJ this morning. Excellent!

1. Well balanced
2. About the same gap as the tech, and perhaps a bit less than the HD
3. The grip was very good. I worried about this a bit, because it has the vertical striping, but it was probably a bit better than the HD, believe it or not.
4. Easy to maneuver

I'm going to put this razor on par with the tech, and probably a nose ahead of the HD because of how well balanced it is. After I shaved I took out the blade, and reloaded a new one. I didn't find it any harder than a tech, and only slightly more time that the HD (which is very easy.)

1. Well balanced
2. About the same gap as the tech, and perhaps a bit less than the HD
3. The grip was very good. I worried about this a bit, because it has the vertical striping, but it was probably a bit better than the HD, believe it or not.
4. Easy to maneuver
I came to the exact same conclusion. Fit and finish is better on the EJ as well.

Thanks for the informative post. I've had my eye on the EJ for a while now. Your review just makes me want to buy one all the more. I've been trying to stave off a case of RAD, but something tells me resistance is futile.

Mike

The EJ and the HD are the razors I use the most. I like the feel of the EJ the best, but I get a closer shave with the HD.

Top Bottom