What's new

Comparing Tony Miller strops

Looking to hear your thoughts on his flax vs cotton secondary components. Also 2.5 inches wide vs 3 inches wide. What is your preference? Cheers.

2.5 “ and linen with barber end. I don’t like wide or long strops. I like my hardware minimal. Gives me better feedback. Most of it is personal preference. It is what I have always used and am most efficient with. I like using an x stroke and you can’t do that with 3” strops. I prefer linen because I think it works better for my needs. No hard evidence. It’s also quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll second the above, currently working on a comparison between it and firehose. Tonys linen is top notch.

63E7EDF6-969B-4814-8170-F608ACE50A2A.jpeg
B2BE3DDE-4530-4E11-A076-A0BD4B5BAC85.jpeg

Tony’s fine weave cotton is outstanding. Compared to linen, and his coarser weave cotton, the fine stuff is best of the lot.
Never saw the huge advantage (if any) to linen. I have a linen strop....meh. No love for denim at all. Seldom if ever use it
Prefer 3” but 2 1/2” is alright.

Last edited:

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
The 3" wide is my medium weave cotton, the 2 1/2" above it is my fine weave. The 2" is a soft cotton and the tan is the Genuine Flax Linen from Europe.

IMG_9097.JPG

Top Bottom