What's new

Commonplace Book

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
As a result of this thread I began trying to keep a commonplace book a while ago. I keep it in a bound volume of not so many pages. My experience is that trying to do something like this on a computer becomes out of sight out of mind, and I do not end up doing it and there is a certain pleasure and retention aid in writing things out by hand on paper. (I am not much into writing by hand on paper generally.) But I am finding hard copy commonplace book is often out of sight out of mind, too!
I just need to FINALLY start one!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I used to store stuff in my brain..... I had a mind like a steel trap.... now.. it's more of a sieve... I should keep a computer journal and commonplace book... if you looked at my handwriting, you'd swear I was an MD.

I write in hieroglyphics. I can't even read my own handwriting when I try to reread what I've written. So, any notes should be typed.

I just need to FINALLY start one!
I suppose like so many things for me, it takes me more than one start to actually get it going and even when that happens it does not mean it is going to keep going for a long time! It is good to know ones self, I suppose.

When I started fooling around with fountain pens thanks to the subforum here, I took some handwriting lessons from Kate Gladstone, which really helped the legibility of my handwriting. My handwriting is still better than it was. For the life of me I do not understand why American schools would teach the inferior and difficult version of cursive they do, or at least did when I was in elementary school! But to keep it up to snuff would require practice, not too much, but some. And I just do not manage to do it! Sadly.

Top Bottom