What's new

Commodore X1 vs. Berkeley 46

according to WCS the only difference in the X1 vs the Berkeley is the handle lengths and the Berkeleys hair is 1 mm taller than the X1. same density/knot and grade of hair. looks like its really going to come down to which handle you like the best.

but again if you have the Rooney you really dont need the Simpson at least not in the models you are looking at. and actually with the EJ and Rooney..you got the bases covered. now its just a matter of "i want" more than "i need" :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I wasn't actually making my post as a recommendation to pick up a used Commodore; I was pointing out that by my observations, more folks got rid of their Commodores than their Berkeleys.

Seems to be so but it are mostly X2's and X3's. I think the total number of X1's and Berkeleys come rather close. To be able to say anything further we should have some insight on the numbers sold of these brushes. Anyway it looks like the difference is for the most part handle design and not so much the knot.

Anyway I like the X1's handle so much I seriously thought of getting me another one to reknot with a nice boar.....:ohmy:

Top Bottom