What's new

Commeorative shaves

I only have a few vintage Gillettes and as I'm currently spending some time on the straight shaving learning curve, they are getting very limited use. But one is a 1954 superspeed that I picked up specifically because my parents were married within the quarter of its production.

And so today, on what what would have been their 67th wedding anniversary, I had a great shave with this razor. I imagine my father perhaps shaving with something similar as he prepared for his wedding. He viewed shaving as a chore so I probably enjoyed my shave more. :)

I know there are other threads about special razors for special days but feel free to chime in with your commeorative shaves.

Happy Shaves!

People are probably sick of hearing about mine, but since you offered . . .

Every Monday morning I use the same soap (and sometimes the same brush and blade) to honor my departed Bella Dea. She passed on a Monday morning and using the same soap (Lakewood's Coquette) and balm is my way of always remembering her that morning--not something everyone would choose to remember, but when you lose your world you tend to do what you can to cling to each little vestige.

Top Bottom