What's new

Comment from a Noob!

This has to be one of the most friendly and welcoming forums to Noobies I have ever found. I am not new to forum discussions having been a moderator at other sites of interest. I have to commend you guys on your attitude and willingness to help. The nicest forums I have been to besides here is the "Equationoftime" WristWatch site and the grumpiest being a site for Older BMW owners of the e28 body style called "mye28.com." Great info there but you get totally chastised for asking a noob question if you haven't adequately used the search function before asking your "stupid question."
So again thanks for all of your time advice and patience, its appreciated and maybe in time I can throw in my 2 cents of advice to other Noobs to come.

I had the same reaction when I first joined this group. I have been amazed at the generosity and thoughtfulness of so many in this group.

I completely agree. The people on this site go out of their way to help others. I have even seen the same question being asked twice on a page in the same section of the forum, and the same people are answering both questions politely and showing utter respect towards the op. Try that on vwvortex.com, our most any auto site for that matter, and see what happens. I want to thank all of the members of Badger and Blade for keeping this forum in a class of it's own, and for being so patient with all of us noobs.

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

I had the same reaction when I first joined this group. I have been amazed at the generosity and thoughtfulness of so many in this group.

+1

Holzie:

If no one has mentioned it, welcome to Badger and Blade. The members here are always willing to help you, no matter what your questions are. This is, by far, the best forum I have ever been involved with, plus it makes your RADS seem minor by comparison! :lol: Enjoy your shaves.

Don

Here I am free to ask stupid questions...:blushing:

But what I think it is, is more a sense of camaraderie and gentleman's (and some women) attitude that keep the site free of the "do a search" or "not another thread about _____"

Welcome aboard and you are not alone in your observations. By far the most cordial and polite forum I have been on.

Charlie

I went through an annoyed "use the !#@$!#@$ search button" phase for a bit, but over time have come to realize the beauty and power of this site. I've never found another one like it!

Hello and welcome.

I know exactly what you mean about getting told to "Do a Search". I been a member/mod/admin on a number of different forums and whenever I saw someone respond with "Do a Search" it made me crazy!

Okay "Rant Off"

One of the things that I have tried to do is if a person asks a question and we have an existing stickied thread then I will provide a link to that thread.

This does three things:
1. It eliminates the potential curtness of the "do a search" statement.
2. Many times the answers there are better than what I may be able to provide.
3. Most importantly it shows that you will go out of your way to provide information to new users.

Most people who are new don't necessarily know where our information sets are not because our data is hidden. It is because the person is new, does not know these exist and therefore they don't ask. Several new members have provided feedback of thanks for the thread because they now have two places of information, one in the past, and one in real time provide by members in the current post.

This has to be one of the most friendly and welcoming forums to Noobies I have ever found. QUOTE]

Apparently Phil (luvmysuper) hasn't come out to play yet. :angry::sneaky2:
Just joking, yea everyone here is very helpful and kind. I just joined another forum (not shave related) and it is nothing like here. Lots of a**holes from what i can see. But it gets the job done. Welcome to B&B don't hesitate to ask anyone a question, we love to help. It just gives us an excuse to talk about shaving....God knows my wife doesn't want to hear it :001_rolle

Totally agree. Been on many forums (work related mainly) and never have seen such a cool group. Everyone around here can not be nicer and tons and tons of great info. A really great place!

Chris

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

We pride ourselves on our willingness to answer any question, no matter how many times it's been answered before.

It's kind of a "pass it on" mentality. You ask a question, and get an answer - the next time it gets asked, you give the answer.

We are glad you found us.

(I don't know where I got the bad rap, I'm really quite a nice guy)

Welcome from a fellow noob. I am very grateful to have found this forum. Everyone that I have met so far has been more than helpful and there is a ton of great information. Enjoy your shave!:thumbup:

I agree wholeheartedly. And it bears noting that not all search functions are effective or reliable. For example, I recently acquired a "Red Tip" Gillette not long ago and was looking for information. Plugging those words into a search box brought me the result that those particular words were too common or short, and therefore not worth searching! Alas. A little patience and humility are always welcome, and thankfully are present here.

Top Bottom