What's new

Coming soon to a Workbench near you...

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
You guys crack me up. :lol:
I thought about mod'ing a GD or two but my belt sander/grinder makes way too much noise when I use it on the apartment balcony - seriously, I've tried it once or twice. The Dremel isn't as disruptive, provided it's only used occasionally so... maybe someday I'll try it.

Balcony? Why not the dining room table? Something wrong with that?

you get better results with wet and dry on a tile for thinning the spine, dremel for thumb notch sorted.......

@Slash McCoy, dining room would work for the finer stuff, w/d and similar but I use the power tools outside to limit dust and noise inside the apartment. I built a butcher block when I was in college and it was raining the day I wanted to sand it so I closed off the dining/living rooms and used my craftsman 1/2 sheet power sander... when I finished there was 1/2" of dust on top of the ceiling fan blades (and everywhere else) - two years later I was STILL cleaning up dust.

@Ice-Man, I ordered that Charnley Forest I told you about, the seller was very nice to deal with. Between building and staining/clear coating a case for my coti bout and getting the CF in usable condition (getting it removed from its case, degreasing, lapping, burnishing), I think I'm project-ed up for the foreseeable future. Oh, I'm also working on leather cases for the straights I don't have coffins for. I thought a leather pouch would be better than a razor coffin for travel use too.

Fantastic News on the CF!!!! and congrats I can understand where your coming from. I have 4 straights on my bench Ie: coffee table lol that's under the restore plus the gold dollar mod so i will be busy up to the end of June if i get me finger out. :letterk1::letterk1::letterk1::letterk1: but we can do it if not we can ask Bob.......

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
you get better results with wet and dry on a tile for thinning the spine, dremel for thumb notch sorted.......

Hah! I use the B&D Dragster belt sander for that. For both those tasks, actually. Really, the only thing I use the dremel for these days is fairing into the shank, and polishing with diamond paste on cloth wheel after the 2k grit hand sanding. The belt sander will make or ruin a razor a lot quicker than wet/dry on tile. And when you order 100 at a time, who cares if you ruin a few? I wanna gitter done.

I do use a finer belt though. Typically 200 grit.

Right who is thinking of signing up for this years Gold Dollar Mod contest, I think we are having a Novice class and unlimited class I'm sure David will put me right...

Right who is thinking of signing up for this years Gold Dollar Mod contest, I think we are having a Novice class and unlimited class I'm sure David will put me right...

Somehow I think that would take professional help - and probably medication. :001_tt2:

Sounds like so much fun! Just don’t have the ability right now. Definitely interested to see what folks whip up though!

Noooo. Just tried to re-pin the wedge on my Henckels 472 - it isn't pretty. I'll pass on modding for now. I'm definitely considering sending a few razors out for work now - by someone who knows what he's doing. I don't need the grief.

Noooo. Just tried to re-pin the wedge on my Henckels 472 - it isn't pretty. I'll pass on modding for now. I'm definitely considering sending a few razors out for work now - by someone who knows what he's doing. I don't need the grief.

Sorry for your loss..... Celulite scales shattered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom