What's new

Coming soon: Glycerin Soap Tutorial

Folks,

For the past few weeks I have been on a mission to improve my lather formation with glycerin soaps. With lots of great advice from folks on this board, I have made some great strides. I used to think soaps gave thinner lather than creams, but I no longer believe this to be true. I am getting lather as dense and as hydrated as the best English creams with my QED soap collection.

This weekend I hope to set aside some time to take lots of pictures and pass this info along. I am pretty geeked about the shaves I have been getting with glycerin soaps after lots of sub-optimal performances. Hopefully I can get the right pictures to make the points. I know lots of gents struggle with these soaps, but the artistry is worth it. Stay tuned!

I third the above posts. I've got some QED Lime that lathers for me, but not fantastically. I look forward to the forthcoming tutorial.

-Nick

Likewise!! I just ordered quite a bit of cream for that reason!! I have soaps and would love to be able to extract the great lather from them as well. I was thinking it might take a stiffer brush but maybe not. Can't wait for the instructional video!
Jerry

I started taking a few photos tonight. My wife thought I was a lunatic with the tripod set up in the bathroom.... It's the only way to get the close ups, though. :smile:

I was in there for quite a while shooting with the QED Sandalwood. Man do I reek of this stuff!

Scotto said:
I started taking a few photos tonight. My wife thought I was a lunatic with the tripod set up in the bathroom.... It's the only way to get the close ups, though. :smile:

I was in there for quite a while shooting with the QED Sandalwood. Man do I reek of this stuff!

Great choice for the shoot. I can't imagine a better smelling soap!

Top Bottom