What's new

Comical shaving mistakes.

I planned this shave all day while I was at work. I wanted to have a good Ole old spice shave with my ikon tek. I have a old spice scented soap puck I purchased from etsy that I haven't been impressed with (great lather but disappears during the shave) but really was hoping today will be the day.
Shower. Lather up..... looking good. By the time I get from my cheeks to the neck the lather is disappearing. So I quickly finish the neck and decide I won't do the second pass with this soap. I went for a tub in my drawer of old clubman shave soap I haven't used since I first started wet shaving. Rinsed the brush threw a bit of hot water on it put about 20 good swirls in proceeded to lather my face.
I thought the lather was off a bit...I looked down it was the clubman beard balm I lathered and proceeded to brush on my face with.
At this point I was worried about messing my brush up. I quickly rinsed.. Tried to rinse my oil soaked brush and rush through the shave with the clubman shave soap. Threw them both out.
Look before you swirl.

Well, I met this girl, you see, and I drank a little absinthe and...
Well, everyone got this horribly wrong! I think I'll paint some sunflowers.

P-1948-SC-175-tif-10587-e1468233592690.jpg

I used Soft Scrub and an old toothbrush from under the sink to clean up a vintage Super Speed I scored. Left the toothbrush by the sink. And ended up accidentally brushing my teeth with that toothbrush later that evening. I didn’t realize til the next morning when I noticed that there was an extra toothbrush...😳

When my Mamba razor arrived, I was so excited I shaved with it immediately. It was the smoothest shave I'd ever had, unbelievably smooth. After three passes there was a little stubble left, but that's to be expected with a mild razor, right? It was so smooth, it's almost like there wasn't a blade in the razor, I thought. Almost...

Yep.

I trim my beard with an electric clipper every week, and monthly my eyebrows. Once I took off the plastic guard to get some stray hairs, and then proceeded to trim my eyebrows without looking in the mirror. I saw hair fall and thought that it seemed to be a lot for eyebrows. I looked in the mirror and realized that I removed 25-50% of my eyebrows! Went online, read how to make eyebrows thicker, bought some L'Oreal product, and luckily after about 2 weeks felt that I could go outside without wearing makeup. (photo not me!)

That was last month!
Things-to-Consider-Before-Trimming-Eyebrows-Thinning-vs-Shaping.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I used Soft Scrub and an old toothbrush from under the sink to clean up a vintage Super Speed I scored. Left the toothbrush by the sink. And ended up accidentally brushing my teeth with that toothbrush later that evening. I didn’t realize til the next morning when I noticed that there was an extra toothbrush...😳
Cleanest teeth ever!
Thinking that leaving Barbasol and Harry's cartridges behind would save me money.
Ain't that the truth!

Not a good idea to start your shave half awake, put a new blade in the razor and start to shave, and shave and shave with no result. Open the razor, thinking it was a bad blade and come to find out the wrapper is still on the blade. How I put a blade in my Gillette Slim with the wrapper on baffles me to this day but it's still a puzzle. Always remove wrapper before putting in razor.

I trim my beard with an electric clipper every week, and monthly my eyebrows. Once I took off the plastic guard to get some stray hairs, and then proceeded to trim my eyebrows without looking in the mirror. I saw hair fall and thought that it seemed to be a lot for eyebrows. I looked in the mirror and realized that I removed 25-50% of my eyebrows! Went online, read how to make eyebrows thicker, bought some L'Oreal product, and luckily after about 2 weeks felt that I could go outside without wearing makeup. (photo not me!)

That was last month!View attachment 1274145
When we were 15 a buddy of mine tried to get rid of his unibrow with a mach 3 - he used a down stroke top to bottom and ended up with two half brows. In a way I guess he was successful. His mum offered to fix it with makeup, she drew on the missing halves with eye liner.
He didn't notice until he was in school she had used blue.

Top Bottom