What's new

comfy slippers, upgraded to a NEW Blackberry!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don't know where the title "Comfy slippers" came from but I think whatever the next OS is from one of these phone phone companies should be called Comfy Slippers.

"I have the Samsung S8. It's running the latest Comfy Slippers"

Well my contract was up for renewal in April and my operater offered me a free up grade. Now a mate of mine had a BB passport, even though 12months ago i thought it was a tad too big I went ahead and thought what the hell and ordered a passport. To say its brilliant is not doing it justice. Super fast browser, perfect call quality and a dream for emails and texts. So I recycled the classic. With in two weeks i dropped and broke the passport. It's in warranty so off it went for repair. As a curtsey my operator loaned me a BB priv, hmmm, now i can see why i dont do android. The phone was cool to use but google kept asking for permission for this and that. The screen could hardly be seen in sun light and the BB part of it just didn't gell well enough with the android bit ( or visa versa). Standby wws just aday at most so it had to be on charge evry night. One thing that was outstanding was the keyboard. Possibly the best touch screen one I've used very quick and intuitive. So i gave it back after four weeks when my passport arrived repaired. The salesman asked how I'd gotten on with the prive. And would I like to buy one (£499) We chatted about the pros and cons. He suggested if i liked the BB OS 10 and like the priv keyboard, i should try the BB leap. So as I dont have a standby phone for my passport, I've ordered a leap which should be here tomorrow. If its as good as the passport but without the keyboard it may become the daily driver and the passport become the spare. Anyone here use or used a BB leap?

You know the Blackberry just does all that stuff in the background without asking your permission, right?
Android and iOS are just more up front about it and give you the option to opt out.

Top Bottom