What's new

Combining soaps and creams

I have been wet shaving since 1989 and have always used one soap or cream per shave. On a whim a couple of days ago, I dipped my brush in AOS peppermint cream, then lathered up on my WSP Starbucks soap. Today it was Crown Shaving cream and Captain's Choice 45th Parallel soap. Amazing lathers, great scents and perfect shaves! Anyone else experiment with combos? Next up: Castle Forbes Lime and B&M Seville.

Every now and then I'll add a shot of kiss-my-face unscented to whatever I'm lathering up. I don't know if there's any real difference but it feels nice.

I'm a big fan of mixing soaps and creams. It's called super lathering. I gotten to where I use a couple mixtures a lot. Van De Hagen glycerin is enhanced quite a bit with Kiss My Face or Maca Root cream. And Pinaud's shave soap goes well with Dove + Men. Arko is another soap that I think is enhanced (slicker, more protective lather) when mixed with the right cream. I use SuperMax classic with Arko a lot.

Sometimes I'll rub some "Stickified Wiliams" or a Speick stick onto my neck, then brush on bowl-lathered soap or cream over top of it. It's particularly useful for soaps/creams that may not be as slick as I'd like.

I have tried this on occasion. Some here really like these combinations. I use either/or 99% of the time. YMMV for sure!

I'm a big fan of mixing soaps and creams. It's called super lathering. I gotten to where I use a couple mixtures a lot. Van De Hagen glycerin is enhanced quite a bit with Kiss My Face or Maca Root cream. And Pinaud's shave soap goes well with Dove + Men. Arko is another soap that I think is enhanced (slicker, more protective lather) when mixed with the right cream. I use SuperMax classic with Arko a lot.

While I haven't done it for a while, I too have had great results adding Kiss My face cream to a puck of VDH Deluxe. Hmm....gives me an idea for tomorrow.

It's called superlather. If you add a few drops of liquid glycerin it becomes uberlather. I find any cream added to Williams will work wonders. :001_rolle

My first time trying this was just the other day. I mixed CRSW PURO FRESCO with some PRORASO BLUE. The resulting lather was pretty nice IMO.

The only reason I tried this is because the CRSW was getting very close to being completely gone so I decided to add a little creme. I will this again in the near future. Just may add this to the TRUMPERS ROSE

One of my favorite techniques ..... a "super lather" with Proraso Green tub soap and Proraso Green tube cream.
Bowl lathered with either my Simpson Special or Simpson Colonel X2L ..... Pretty perfect !

I super-lathered MWF with Speick for my last shave. Never tried it before and it worked pretty well but I think I prefer one shave one soap.

While taking some chunks from the soaps in my den for sampler kits to my three friends in town that also wet shave, I cut ends off my Arko and Palmolive sticks, and a little off the top of my Proraso Green soap, since I thought my buddies might not like getting soap bits that had been rubbed all over my face. Those bits went into my makeshift shaving bowl, and I reserved them for my pending shave, with a little hot water to soak.
I drained off the excess water and hit the scraps with my brush, oh my goodness, lather bomb. I've never had as thick and rich of a lather ever. Great shave, even with the so-so DE Lord blade I put in today. Lemony up front, cool and minty behind, olive keeping things smooth all the way along.
I figure this combo is Palmola Arktoberaso.
Anyone got any fun names for their fav combos, whether soap/soap, soap/cream, or soap/croap?

I do all kinds of experiments mixing soaps/creams or creams/creams all the time. :001_smile
Quiet often I add a bit of KMF on the brush loaded with soap.

Top Bottom