What's new

Columbus coffee festival

This is the third year for the coffee festival and I got my tickets yesterday! Excited to see what the local shops will come up with this year.

There are always standard pour over/drip samples but many places will prepare signature drinks. Most are very good and outside of the normal coffee recipes.

I'll post pics and thoughts here after the event on Sep 30th. Hopefully the weather is good since it's an outside event at Ohio village.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Down to less than a month and my parents are keeping the kids. This has been a fun event for me and the Mrs. but this year there are 8 of our friends going too.
Think we'll go on our own for the festival and meet up somewhere after for lunch. It gets crowded and with so many vendors to visit it will go better with small groups.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Man, you have me wanting to head up there and check it out, myself. If we did not already have some hard plans for that weekend, I just might have!

Since you can't make the coffee festival, check out the coffee trail. It would be a bit more of a journey since you be driving around town to the shops but most of the vendors are the same.

It's been a while but I think I posted here about the coffee trail when we first did it. It only takes 4 stamps to get the T-shirt so you can do it in a day.

It's festival day!
proxy.php

Here's my haul from today!

Got some art for the coffee bar area and a t-shirt from inked & screened who were screen printing on display.

Roosevelt coffee was serving Ethiopia Guji Mulish which is a natural processed bean with a primarily blueberry flavor. It was very good clean cup brewed in a chemex with an auto pour over device. Had to get a bag to try at home.

La Terza coffee from Cincinnati had a few coffee selections but were also selling Cascara tea which is from the coffee cherry. We've tried it at the festival before and it's a spiced cherry tea. My wife is a tea drinker but even I like this.

Cafe Butter was a new vendor selling coffee infused peanut butter which was really good. Basically a Nutella spinoff which my wife deemed delicious and had to get a jar.

A few other vendors with very good samples include Cafe Brioso, Boston Stoker, Back room coffee, Little Red coffee van and Hemisphere coffee roasters.

There were many types of cold brew/nitro cold brew and hot brewed coffee. The majority of coffees were from Ethiopia, Guatamala, and Costa Rica. Vendors were using Chemex, V60, and some larger drip machines.

It was a beautiful day and there was a good turnout.
proxy.php

Here's a few more pics. We invited a few of our friends since everyone always tells me they wished the would have known about it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

What was the winner? And did you agree with the choice?
It's not an official contest, more of a tasting event. I bought my favorite from the day which was the coffee from Roosevelt mentioned earlier. It was very good but I have gone back to home roasting since that is gone. Trying to improve my results with the Behmor and having better luck with smaller batches. Think I'll go back to doing 1 half pound per week which usually works out for how much I drink.

It's not an official contest, more of a tasting event. I bought my favorite from the day which was the coffee from Roosevelt mentioned earlier. It was very good but I have gone back to home roasting since that is gone. Trying to improve my results with the Behmor and having better luck with smaller batches. Think I'll go back to doing 1 half pound per week which usually works out for how much I drink.

+REP. Good call..

Coffee - Today we paired GINEVRA (Italia caffe) w/ Regno Degli Ulivi Olive oil (Sofa takes extended bow and smiles)

But seriously, this was not expensive; TJ Maxx has choices like this that are one-off's from the factory - and for cheap. Home Goods is the same.
SERIOUS coffee and Olive oil choices - A connoisseurs' delight.

The annual coffee festival is happening again this upcoming weekend. It’s being expanded to a two day event this year. Lots of extra activities as well including axe throwing. Looking forward to the event but not sure I really need/want anything this year besides coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom