What's new

Colt Cobra...Act III

64719A00-2F22-4439-ACE0-E4A8AC7E5BF6.jpeg
First the reborn Colt Cobra. Pretty basic pistol designed to be a solid EDC or home defense weapon.
Then the Night Cobra arrives. Sinister black finish, front night sight, bobbed hammer DAO revolver. Prime directive....Concealed carry/self defense is its middle name.
Now this....wanna be Python? Surely a Safe Queen if there ever was one.
MSRP.....$1,299.00.
Considering for maybe $150.00 or a bit more, I can buy three Glocks, S&Ws, or four Rugers, I don’t think Colt hit a home run with this one....

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
View attachment 893723 First the reborn Colt Cobra. Pretty basic pistol designed to be a solid EDC or home defense weapon.
Then the Night Cobra arrives. Sinister black finish, front night sight, bobbed hammer DAO revolver. Prime directive....Concealed carry/self defense is its middle name.
Now this....wanna be Python? Surely a Safe Queen if there ever was one.
MSRP.....$1,299.00.
Considering for maybe $150.00 or a bit more, I can buy three Glocks, S&Ws, or four Rugers, I don’t think Colt hit a home run with this one....

$1,300? I was negotiating on a vintage 4" Diamondback several months ago and the guy wanted $1,400...for a vintage one. The regular new Cobra is a bit high for me, but so is the Kimber revolver.

I think that last sentence in the ad for the thing says it all: "Designed to be a collectible."

Translation: a deliberately overpriced go-boom version of a Bradford Exchange Elvis plate.

I have an original Colt Cobra from the 1970's. A gift from my father and I will never part with it. The originals were nice carry pistols and I didn't know they were remaking them. The one pictured here in the post looks to have an almost squared trigger guard, not an original design that I have ever seen and I don't understand the high prices on wheel guns these days.

08665036-9EA3-4CDB-9F33-3D50C7053010.jpeg
152D3A0D-0A15-493B-8F42-B3F3478F838C.jpeg

...and a decent all-around revolver they are. Accessories (I do NOT like that front sight) are still scarce. Only a few leathercrafters have the molds for a proper holster. Ironically, many grumble about the finish, but the matte silver “electroless nickel” was a huge deal back in the 70’s..like the S&W Model 60 and 66. Not your grandfather’s Cobra, that is for certain.

Last edited:
Not shiny enough for me. I would machine polish it. Matter of fact I will when I buy one...I love my factory bright finished stainless Colts.

Top Bottom