What's new

Colt AR Production

Their 1980s tech level product can't keep up with the modern market. No great loss.

They're going back to being a lowest bidder government contract vendor, a market that makes no new demands without a new, more lucrative contract.

No big deal. They were on the ropes a couple of years ago and they don’t have the production facilities to fulfill government contracts and civilian.

The civilian AR-15 market is penetrated and will continue feeding the voracious civilian appetite. The news tries to make it sound like a moral issue, but that’s the media for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibility that Colt is presenting a business decision as a "woke" decision for the PR. Sales I don't know. Did wonder if they would change their logo to a chicken rampant.

Possibility that Colt is presenting a business decision as a "woke" decision for the PR. Sales I don't know. Did wonder if they would change their logo to a chicken rampant.

Possibly. Trying to save the face of a falling giant. I mean, Colt is Colt!!!

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Classic media spin. Hopefully there's no-one left who believes the media at this point.

Reality: There's a glut of ARs; many-many-makers, and due to CMC machining, all are about the same = good.

AA

They're presenting a business decision as a business decision.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

NPR is presenting b.s. spin as fact. ARs are a pretty significant number. Of course peopled who get their gun facts from NPR aren't going to know any better.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

4CB90DB0-6AFF-4B98-BB11-EB5A287105A7.jpeg
CE139BC2-0A22-42CB-A497-576F708FE0A6.jpeg

Opinions shall vary but I never thought
The Colt AR platform was all that much better than many of the others made by myriad manufacturers. I'll put my S&W up against anything from Colt.
And...I still suggest the Ruger Mini series will give any of them a decent challenge....in stock configuration.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Classic media spin. Hopefully there's no-one left who believes the media at this point.

Reality: There's a glut of ARs; many-many-makers, and due to CMC machining, all are about the same = good.

AA

There are many competitive companies that have their own manufacturing facilities and machines who are turning out individually made AR’s which even surpass military testing standards. LMT, BCM Daniel Defense and a couple of others. And they are getting better competitively priced as time goes on.

However, I would still take a mass produced Colt AR from their military production line, over any other mass produced assembly line AR that’s currently on the market.

And i’ve Seen Colt LE6920’s. Listed at $775.

OkieStubble

View attachment 1018671 View attachment 1018672
Opinions shall vary but I never thought
The Colt AR platform was all that much better than many of the others made by myriad manufacturers. I'll put my S&W up against anything from Colt.
And...I still suggest the Ruger Mini series will give any of them a decent challenge....in stock configuration.

To find the kind of combat environment in order to put your S&W up against Colt which has already proven itself, in that environment; what do you propose?

I wonder if there is any info to find on the web if there are any private security contractors using S&W M&P Sports or Ruger Ranch Rifles over in the sandbox? Maybe There’s info if some other international group uses them like the Israeli’s or some other?

Definitely would be interesting to know if there are others who think the M&P and Ruger has what it takes to compare to what the Colt has already proven, don’t ya think? :)

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There are many competitive companies that have their own manufacturing facilities and machines who are turning out individually made AR’s which even surpass military testing standards. LMT, BCM Daniel Defense and a couple of others. And they are getting better competitively priced as time goes on.

However, I would still take a mass produced Colt AR from their military production line, over any other mass produced assembly line AR that’s currently on the market.

And i’ve Seen Colt LE6920’s. Listed at $775.

Well, yeah! Colt panache is well worth paying a little more for.

Luckily for me, I've got several of their wheelguns ... an EBR with a Pony sure would be cool.

But the "news" spin to the effect of "Colt got woke" is aggravating.

Btw. Hippies hate the EBR because it is associated with Vietnam .... Maaaaan.

Molon Labe!

AA

AA

OkieStubble

Colt got so focused making money from their government contracts, for so long, they let their civilian side of sales shrink in innovation and production.

They could be just pruning the bush so it will flourish later. Sometimes, in order to move forward you have to take a step back. And that’s everyone.

You, me and even Colt.

Colt got so focused making money from their government contracts, for so long, they let their civilian side of sales shrink in innovation and production.

They could be just pruning the bush so it will flourish later. Sometimes, in order to move forward you have to take a step back. And that’s everyone.

You, me and even Colt.

No issues with Colt. I’m all for their survival and profitability.

Top Bottom