What's new

Colt 25 ACP Junior CCW

Is a 25 ACP Colt Junior safe to carry cocked, with round chambered, with the safety on?
In case I got some detail wrong, this is the little Colt made in Spain.
It has an external hammer.

I am tired of going to church dressed sloppily with an un-tucked sport-shirt (which covers my revolver).
This little Colt that my wife bought would fit in my pocket.
I would put it in a holster to protect the safety & trigger.

OR

Does anyone know how to conceal a 5 shot snub nose revolver in church clothes?
I do not want it under a coat, it gets HOT in Florida (even in winter) and I would likely strip off the coat..

J.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I bought an IWB tuckable holster for a Ruger GP 100 4" barrel .357 that works well from Vedder Holsters. I used to carry it, but now I've got an LCR .357 that I carry outside my waist with a sport coat at Church. I do plan to get a Vedder Holsters tuckable version for it. Hopefully you find what you need, brother. Of course, being in Michigan, I'm coming into the time of year when we can conceal a Bazooka!

FarmerTan

Truly, blessings in your search. Balancing cost, quality and concealment is not easy.

Is a gp100 about the same size as a security six? I would love to carry something that I could shoot better.

FarmerTan

Yes, pretty close. My GP100 makes me look like a good shot. Loaded with .38s it makes me look like a great shot, lol!

+1 IWB tuckable

I like the Bullard Leather dual carry with the optional j clips, no clip over the belt that way. Scrolling to the bottom of his new page gets you a list of holsters/catalog of sorts.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
A Barrami Hip grip makes a J frame nearly invisible, most people wouldn't be able to identify the exposed pistol butt as a firearm, there is always pocket holsters and ankle holsters, but I personally don't care for them. I believe the best bet is a tuckable holster, an IWB that allows the dress shirt to be tucked in over the gun. You have to pull your shirttail out of your pants to access the weapon, sounds awkward, but can be done fairly easily with practice.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Does anyone know how to conceal a 5 shot snub nose revolver in church clothes?

827bf5dcc5277ab89e736ceb30fc49e8.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Back to the Colt.

Is it the one sold by Colt or one of the many Browning Baby copies made in Spain?

I think it is Colt Junior, imported from Spain. Astra I think is the manufacturer. I have seen it said, perhaps on this forum, never carry a hammer auto cocked and ready to go. My uneducated thought is that it should be ok.

In Pasco county a sig went off (apparently) when the officer leaned on the wall in the school cafeteria, yet most people think the sig is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread. That still bugs me, the sig going off like that. I really doubt that an officer would be fiddling with his pistol in a school lunch room, so I want to believe him, and I do not want an unintentional discharge myself. Thus my post.

Short answer is, Colt imported from Spain.

Thanks for all the input!

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The Astra was very well made and should be fine carried Cocked & Locked.

Give it a good SPA day and range session to make sure all is well. Also it may need a new recoil spring and/or firing pin spring.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Unless that church's in a real dangerous part of town, I wouldn't. But that's just me.

And if it is - carry more gun!

AA

FarmerTan

I think it is Colt Junior, imported from Spain. Astra I think is the manufacturer. I have seen it said, perhaps on this forum, never carry a hammer auto cocked and ready to go. My uneducated thought is that it should be ok.

In Pasco county a sig went off (apparently) when the officer leaned on the wall in the school cafeteria, yet most people think the sig is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread. That still bugs me, the sig going off like that. I really doubt that an officer would be fiddling with his pistol in a school lunch room, so I want to believe him, and I do not want an unintentional discharge myself. Thus my post.

Short answer is, Colt imported from Spain.

Thanks for all the input!
Me either, that's why all my short guns are revolvers. (So far)

FarmerTan

I knew you noticed the pants, @Esox, just seeing if you were still up on a terrible night to be a Michigan State Spartans fan! lol

Top Bottom