What's new

Coloured lather for SR shavers?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I normally wipe my SR clean during a shave using a sponge. This allows me to inspect my whiskers as they are cut off. The problem for me is that more and more of my whiskers are are changing colour from dark brown to white.

I was thinking that a dark (black?) coloured lather might be of benefit. Then I started thinking how this could be done, maybe with a black food colouring.

Has anyone tried this?

A red lather could also be of benefit to those still developing their technique.
I just shave by sound.

Saint Patrick's Day coming up in a fortnight.

Two options:
  • Green lather
  • Black lather with the top part white.
  • Guiness for preshave, post shave and splash

I don't really see the appeal of coloured lather... but how about "glow-in-the-dark" lather? That would make nocturnal shaving fun!

I wonder whether regular lather would glow under a blacklight (UV) or what simple additive would make it glow...

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I don't really see the appeal of coloured lather... but how about "glow-in-the-dark" lather? That would make nocturnal shaving fun!

I wonder whether regular lather would glow under a blacklight (UV) or what simple additive would make it glow...
That's getting creative!

I think this might meet up with a limit. Like how the Third Law of Thermodynamics more or less states that the entropy of something approaches zero as its temperature approaches absolute zero. The corollary shaving law might be something like: the length of the beard approaches zero as a blade of infinitesimal width makes shaving passes at a rate approaching the speed of light. Though due to the constraints of human coordination, visual perception, blade metallurgy, there is a value SP (number of shaving passes) where additional passes will have minimal to no affect. Even though SP is a function of time whose limits approach zero as the beard_second * time_interval_between_passes < blade_edge_width, the exact function is still a subject of great debate within the wet shaving community. :laugh:

Saint Patrick's Day coming up in a fortnight.

Two options:
  • Green lather
  • Black lather with the top part white.
  • Guiness for preshave, post shave and splash
Guinness as a splash isn't the best. I'd recommend either a Powers or Jameson as a splash. If you are not concerned about cost, a Connemara or yellow spot will also work.

Guinness as a splash isn't the best. I'd recommend either a Powers or Jameson as a splash. If you are not concerned about cost, a Connemara or yellow spot will also work.
Soak the brush in Guinness and whip up your soap! Take a gulp and add more slowly to the shaving bowl to build your lather! After your boozy shave, rinse off with some Kilkenny and finish with a bracing splash of Jameson's!

Soak the brush in Guinness and whip up your soap! Take a gulp and add more slowly to the shaving bowl to build your lather! After your boozy shave, rinse off with some Kilkenny and finish with a bracing splash of Jameson's!
I can see your reasoning, but as I only drink Guinness on draught and shaving in a pub is somewhat frowned upon (especially with a straight), your suggestion is unfeasible.

I would also argue an Irish Pale Ale would have a better scent profile with strong notes of hops to go with your soap of choice.

I can see your reasoning, but as I only drink Guinness on draught and shaving in a pub is somewhat frowned upon (especially with a straight), your suggestion is unfeasible.

I would also argue an Irish Pale Ale would have a better scent profile with strong notes of hops to go with your soap of choice.
Fit a keg in your bathroom - sorted! 😂

Top Bottom