What's new

Colorado got its first In-N-Out locations, and the lines are 14 hours long! Say What???

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Darn...man...I wish we had a In-N-Out Burger in our area. :drool:

By Nexstar Media Wire - 20 Nov 2020

View attachment 1185204 "Customers were waiting 14 hours to order at a new In-N-Out Burger outside of Denver on Friday, as Colorado got its first two locations of the Southern California fast food institution.

The burger craze at the location in Aurora forced officers to direct traffic, which the police department described on Twitter as “double double animal style,” KTLA sister station KDVR reported.

The Aurora In-N-Out is one of two that opened in the state Friday, with the other in Colorado Springs. That location was slammed too, with the first customer having gotten in line on Tuesday, according to a journalist at a local paper.

@AuroraPD - Nov 20, 2020
It’s official, traffic is double double animal style right now all around the mall. We are on hand helping manage the massive traffic response. Be patient and be kind. Maybe support another local eatery today and In-n-Out another day if traffic is too hectic for you.

View attachment 1185203
Update: IN-n-Out burger is now at a TWELVE HOUR WAIT. I repeat TWELVE HOURS. Traffic is still significantly impacted in the area surrounding the mall. They will close before you get to the window most likely. Meanwhile many other local eateries do not have a wait hint hint.

About 4 p.m. local time, police said the line “wrapped around the mall twice” and was estimated at 1 1/2 to 2 miles long — and 14 hours.

“They will close before you get to the window most likely,” officers warned via Twitter.

Police encouraged people to support local restaurants that have no wait times.

“Maybe support another local eatery today and In-n-Out another day if traffic is too hectic for you,” the Aurora Police Department said.

All In-N-Out Burger locations are open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. and until 1:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday, according to a release from the burger chain.

In-N-Out plans to open a total of at least nine restaurants across Colorado".

Works Cited: Colorado go its first In-N-Out location & the lines are 12hrs long
View attachment 1185202 "In-N-Out, In-N-Out. That's what a hamburger's all about." In-N-Out Burger Slogan
Louisiana has Whataburger- it is superior.

Louisiana has Whataburger- it is superior.

You're welcome! :laugh:

Texas_flag.gif

I think something has changed at Whataburger. They used to be great burgers. Now they are meh. I’d a lot rather have a Lotaburger.
I am a native Texan but moved to South Dakota in 2007 so it has been a while since I’ve had Whataburger. That said, I loved Whataburger. Their double cheeseburger with jalapeños was awesome.

I am a native Texan but moved to South Dakota in 2007 so it has been a while since I’ve had Whataburger. That said, I loved Whataburger. Their double cheeseburger with jalapeños was awesome.
I’m wondering if maybe it’s COVID. I’ve noticed that most of my favorite places aren’t nearly as good as before COVID. I don’t understand why there would be a connection, but that seems to be when the drop off happened.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My nephew used to drive a 200 mile round trip every weekend to get his In-N-Out Burger fix.

I finally tried one (approximately 5 separate occasions, over time) when we got a local In-N-Out location (after the frenzy played out).

It's a fast food hamburger. Nothing special, and certainly nothing to support the 'cult-like' status these burgers enjoy.

Personally, I would rather seek out 'Mom & Pop' burger joints. They are far more interesting to me. :)

Each to their own. :)

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)

My nephew used to drive a 200 mile round trip every weekend to get his In-N-Out Burger fix.

I finally tried one (approximately 5 separate occasions, over time) when we got a local In-N-Out location (after the frenzy played out).

It's a fast food hamburger. Nothing special, and certainly nothing to support the 'cult-like' status these burgers enjoy.

Personally, I would rather seek out 'Mom & Pop' burger joints. They are far more interesting to me. :)

Each to their own. :)

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)
Agreed, the mom & pop places beat the chain stores hands down.

Last edited:
That’s crazy.

Even when Krispy Kreme opened their first Canadian store outside of Toronto it was ONLY a 2-3 hour wait on opening day.

I've never been to one of these, as they don't have them in either place where I live.
Clockwork Orange is my favorite movie, so you could imagine what I thought of until I realized that there are people willing to stand in line 14 hours for a hamburger.

Like I wrote before, Colorado Springs has a HUGE military presence. I should know i used to be stationed there. Anyways, a lot of it is likely attributed to that. I lived all over the world, when I'm feeling a fixing I can drive hours to get it. I would not do that, then again I'm not a cadet <hint>.

Overrated. I never understood the long lines either. I live in northern Utah and we have a few locations and it's been several years and still some have ridiculous lines.

The other one is we recently got our first Shake Shack. Burgers their I like better than In and Out but recently the service has really gone downhill.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I said it once and I’ll say it again....some people are idiots.

I have a theory that we have altered the equation of the survival of the fittest by putting warning labels, safety guards, safety switches, etc. on products that should not need them. As a result, the idiots are not being eliminated from society and they are reproducing more idiots. Pretty soon we will be over run by them.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I said it once and I’ll say it again....some people are idiots.
I have a theory that we have altered the equation of the survival of the fittest by putting warning labels, safety guards, safety switches, etc. on products that should not need them. As a result, the idiots are not being eliminated from society and they are reproducing more idiots. Pretty soon we will be over run by them.
Ever watched the movie "Idiocracy"? ;)

Top Bottom