What's new

Colorado got its first In-N-Out locations, and the lines are 14 hours long! Say What???

Awfully good, but when I lived in LA In-N-Out was routine, but Tommy's was an experience to remember.
When I drive home to SoCal to visit family my wife insists on stopping at In-N-Out in Kingman AZ. It’s a good burger but nothing spectacular. When I get to Los Angeles, it’s Tommy’s. As many times as possible. They have a few locations sprinkled around the LA area, but the original downtown location at Beverly and Rampart is my favorite. Get a single cheeseburger with extra chili (there’s no extra charge) and you’ll be back in line in no time for another.
B01B5362-8458-4798-8D71-7B01A6D34216.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have no idea what In-n-out is but there is no fast food or take out food that I would choose over anything home cooked by my wife. Fast food or take out, to me at least, is not a treat, in fact it is the opposite, it is what you have when you cannot for whatever reason eat home cooked proper food. I would not queue for it for 14 minutes. To each their own I suppose.
Amen brother. I have married a woman that can cook anything well. Delicious. She has spoiled me for everything but a steak or shrimp. She don't cook what she don't eat, USUALLY.
I might wait 14 minutes for Chik Fila (spelling?) but that's only because the closest one is a good hour away.

I can't tell you the times we have driven home hungry just because nothing "sounds good" to eat.

Besides, them Culver's Butter Burgers are addictive!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I like In-n-Out, had my first one when I lived in So. Cal during the '90s, now they're here in TX. For fats food, I think they're pretty good. But 14 hours? No way.

It seems to be a trend. White Castle opened a store in Scottsdale AZ. It was supposed to be open for 24 hours but the crowds were so large it had to close because it had no food left.

A Filipino chain, Jollibee, opened in the town I live in. People had taken their sleeping bags and camped out for the opening. It took weeks before the wait was down to less than an hour - and even then you had to go at odd hours. My daughter-in-law is a Filipina and was so happy to see it open. It took her almost a month before she could get in and order.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Amen brother. I have married a woman that can cook anything well. Delicious. She has spoiled me for everything but a steak or shrimp. She don't cook what she don't eat, USUALLY.
I might wait 14 minutes for Chik Fila (spelling?) but that's only because the closest one is a good hour away.

I can't tell you the times we have driven home hungry just because nothing "sounds good" to eat.

Besides, them Culver's Butter Burgers are addictive!
I haven't been to any high end steak houses, but I can do a better steak at home than just about any midrange priced place. I just looked- there is a Culver's about 30 minutes from me. Please tell me they aren't worth the trip. :)

I haven't been to any high end steak houses, but I can do a better steak at home than just about any midrange priced place. I just looked- there is a Culver's about 30 minutes from me. Please tell me they aren't worth the trip. :)
I’ve been to Flemings twice, my first and my last. Everything was ala-cart and it cost us over $100 per person. The steaks were cut into bite sized pieces and they had all kinds of fancy drizzling on the plate. The steak was tender, but didn’t taste as good as what comes off my Webber.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
There are a couple places where I like to order a giant prime rib, but I agree with you guys and in general my whole family prefers a steak grilled at home.

When I drive home to SoCal to visit family my wife insists on stopping at In-N-Out in Kingman AZ. It’s a good burger but nothing spectacular. When I get to Los Angeles, it’s Tommy’s. As many times as possible. They have a few locations sprinkled around the LA area, but the original downtown location at Beverly and Rampart is my favorite. Get a single cheeseburger with extra chili (there’s no extra charge) and you’ll be back in line in no time for another.
View attachment 1188984

View attachment 1188984
Where I live there’s both in and out and Tommy’s. There’s always a line from in and out going to the street but I never see A line at Tommy’s. Not tried them yet

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
View attachment 1188984

You are singing my tune when you talk about Tommy's. That's the sort of thing I go crazy for.

I had a couple cheeseburgers animal style last night. Very good burgers. Better than Wendy's, Carl's, or anything around here. Not super burgers but they are consistent and good. I am sure some small joint around here could beat them but have not found them, I rarely eat burgers so have not really tried either.

Top Bottom