What's new

Colonial General's Seem to go Fast

I have been keeping an eye out for a Colonial General. Late last night one seller posted 2 brass General's for sell (selling one at a time). They were gone quickly. I am hopeful that version 2 of the General will be out soon... I think they will move fast.

They sold fast because they are still very much in demand and its reputation precede's itself!! I had an Aluminum and a Stainless, both have been sold off, but the shave to me was night and day. The Aluminum was a 3-4 pass BBS where the Stainless did it in 2 passes. From my conversations with Kirk the difference between the V1 / V2 Stainless will be very subtle and should shave exactly the same so if I were in the market for one, I wouldn't hesitate when they go up for sale!! Colonial has never been one for carrying any kind of stock for very long, if at all...

They are excellent shavers. I started with the aluminum; it gave an excellent shave but was a little too light for my preference. I switched the handle out for a heavier one and it worked great however I started looking for the stainless version. I eventually found one but I was too late on several before I lucked out. I'm interested in the second version, my stainless is my daily driver.

I have the aluminum one. It's a marvelous shaver.

I purchased the brass and tried it a couple of times. I actually preferred the aluminum one, so I sold the brass. I see that I'm in the minority.

Agree that this is a great razor. I have the SS and it shaves wonderfully. No wonder you're having a time finding one.

Good luck.

If I were them I’d be pumping those things out, they’re missing out on a lot of sales.

Wonder if they’ll take any of the innovation from the Vector and try to make The General less bulky. Eagerly awaiting the V2.

Top Bottom