• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Colonial General's Seem to go Fast

L.A. Jones

Contributor
Ambassador
I have been keeping an eye out for a Colonial General. Late last night one seller posted 2 brass General's for sell (selling one at a time). They were gone quickly. I am hopeful that version 2 of the General will be out soon... I think they will move fast.

They sold fast because they are still very much in demand and its reputation precede's itself!! I had an Aluminum and a Stainless, both have been sold off, but the shave to me was night and day. The Aluminum was a 3-4 pass BBS where the Stainless did it in 2 passes. From my conversations with Kirk the difference between the V1 / V2 Stainless will be very subtle and should shave exactly the same so if I were in the market for one, I wouldn't hesitate when they go up for sale!! Colonial has never been one for carrying any kind of stock for very long, if at all...

They are excellent shavers. I started with the aluminum; it gave an excellent shave but was a little too light for my preference. I switched the handle out for a heavier one and it worked great however I started looking for the stainless version. I eventually found one but I was too late on several before I lucked out. I'm interested in the second version, my stainless is my daily driver.

I have the aluminum one. It's a marvelous shaver.

I purchased the brass and tried it a couple of times. I actually preferred the aluminum one, so I sold the brass. I see that I'm in the minority.

Agree that this is a great razor. I have the SS and it shaves wonderfully. No wonder you're having a time finding one.

Good luck.

If I were them I’d be pumping those things out, they’re missing out on a lot of sales.

Wonder if they’ll take any of the innovation from the Vector and try to make The General less bulky. Eagerly awaiting the V2.